People Per Hour: My Story

Options

Comments

• chrisuren
    Options
    Invite your friends and earn £10! You will now earn £10 each time you invite a friend and they start their first project on PPH*. Plus you get a cool badge for your profile, and your friend will get a 10% discount voucher too – it’s a win-win !

From the PPH site.
  • Jennie_2
    Jennie_2 Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Options
    chrisuren wrote: »
    I've been on the site for a few weeks now, and have had 0 jobs. I've "applied" for 4, but have been undercut by people from India/Singapore and Bangladesh who can do it for cheaper.

Waste of time.

Sometimes it takes a while to get going. You haven't given it enough time. I have done quite well on freelancing sites but couldn't crack elance; it took ages. Now I have done more jobs on elance than other freelancing sites and I haven't had to compromise on my fees.
    :dance:Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. :dance:
  • nathand_2
    Options
    Jennie wrote: »
    Sometimes it takes a while to get going. You haven't given it enough time. I have done quite well on freelancing sites but couldn't crack elance; it took ages. Now I have done more jobs on elance than other freelancing sites and I haven't had to compromise on my fees.

I've had most success from oDesk. I'm a WordPress dev so completely different field but you should give it a try.
  • Jennie_2
    Jennie_2 Posts: 2,122 Forumite
    Options
    nathand wrote: »
    I've had most success from oDesk. I'm a WordPress dev so completely different field but you should give it a try.

I do! As well as Freelancer and Elance too!
    :dance:Sometimes I sing and dance around the house in my underwear. Doesn't make me Madonna. Never will. :dance:
  • chrisuren
    Options
    Do you have your PPH URL? I'd be really interested to see the things you do. :)
  • Suarez
    Suarez Posts: 970 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know how you search by towns/cities? I can only filter countries...
  • Ross_Jamison
    Options
    My advice. Steer well clear of this site. Any personal details you register with them will be splashed all over the internet. If you commission work, you will across as a temp agent if your name is googled. Furthermore, your details will be locked in and even if you de-activate your account, your details will remain online. Dodgy site, and certainly don't entrust your money to them.
  • DaisyMayDo
    Options
    Really? And how much is Xenios paying you to post that review? Note to all REAL freelancers: if you check out PPH on all social media you will see it is poison. They have TERRIBLE customer service - they simply don't reply, and if they do, they come up with some truly imaginative reasons for not releasing the money you have earned.
    My story is, I am/was a five star, 100% freelancer, who dared to ask for the money she was owed, which had been paid to the site in good faith by the client. For one thing, PPH take a huge chunk of money in 'fees'. But I did expect to get paid the remainder - unfortunately, that didn't happen.
    I worked for them for months, and repeatedly they came up with excuses to delay payment. Eventually, a client who I had worked for for several weeks, made the past payment - all had gone through before. Suddenly, they claimed there were 'security issues' on her bank account which meant that (they said) her payment could not be released to my 'wallet'. When it was released - they had to do this within three days - i waited for the required 48 hours for it to be released to my bank account.
    Suddenly, there were 'security issues' with my bank account! Well, who'd have thought it?
    They had paid into the same account - a small sum - two days previously; it is the same account I have always used, and which was 'verified' months earlier. But in order to delay payment, suddenly this -now clearly crooked - company wanted me to send them a variety of stuff which could be used for identity theft.
    I checked - and there are dozens and dozens and dozens of freelancers who simply never get their money - sometimes running to 1000s of £. If they complain, PPH simply close their account.
    The CEO, Xenios Thrasyvoulou, seems to enjoy posing as a business guru - when really, he is making a fortune from stealing payments made by clients, to freelancers, both of whom operated in good faith.
    Don't touch them with a bargepole! Seriously - never never never use People Per Hour. And spread the word - because while you are struggling to make ends meet, Xenios is posting pictures of himself and 'the team', sipping cocktails bought with your money.
  • DaisyMayDo
    Options
    I know that Xenios and Co pay people £10 to refer people on and recommend PPH, but it's a pity they don't actually pay their freelancers!
    :mad:Note to all REAL freelancers: if you check out PPH on all social media you will see it is poison. They have TERRIBLE customer service - they simply don't reply, and if they do, they come up with some truly imaginative reasons for not releasing the money you have earned.
    My story is, I am/was a five star, 100% freelancer, who dared to ask for the money she was owed, which had been paid to the site in good faith by the client. For one thing, PPH take a huge chunk of money in 'fees'. But I did expect to get paid the remainder - unfortunately, that didn't happen.
    I worked for them for months, and repeatedly they came up with excuses to delay payment. Eventually, a client who I had worked for for several weeks, made the past payment - all had gone through before. Suddenly, they claimed there were 'security issues' on her bank account which meant that (they said) her payment could not be released to my 'wallet'. When it was released - they had to do this within three days - i waited for the required 48 hours for it to be released to my bank account.
    Suddenly, there were 'security issues' with my bank account! Well, who'd have thought it?
    They had paid into the same account - a small sum - two days previously; it is the same account I have always used, and which was 'verified' months earlier. But in order to delay payment, suddenly this -now clearly crooked - company wanted me to send them a variety of stuff which could be used for identity theft.
    I checked - and there are dozens and dozens and dozens of freelancers who simply never get their money - sometimes running to 1000s of £. If they complain, PPH simply close their account.
    The CEO, Xenios Thrasyvoulou, seems to enjoy posing as a business guru - when really, he is making a fortune from stealing payments made by clients, to freelancers, both of whom operated in good faith.
    Don't touch them with a bargepole! Seriously - never never never use People Per Hour.
  • DaisyMayDo
    Options
    My experience exactly - and that of hundreds of other people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure