EXPIRED KITCHENAID Artisan 5KSM150PSBLT Stand Mixer-Caf! Latte £279 @ Currys

Options
I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,948 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RockersWAG
    Options
    I purchased this exact deal on Black Friday (24th November), having wanted one of these mixers for years. The order went through fine, I had an email confirming it. Another email then followed saying there would be a delay in dispatching it but that Currys would keep me up to date.
    A few days passed and I had another email saying not to worry, they were waiting for more stock to arrive and planned to dispatch my KitchenAid w/c 4th December.
    On 5th December I had an email confirming that my product, KitchenAid Artisan mixer in cafe latte would be dispatched soon.
    The following day (6th December), Currys emailed again to say they would be processing my refund of £279. No explanation at all on that email. Then a final email followed AFTER this to say the cafe latter colour was an end of line product so no more stock was expected, hence my refund.
    It took me two days to get through to Currys customer helpline, with a 45-60 minute hold time each time and, shock horror, they wouldn't budge on sending me another colour of the same mixer.
    I pointed out to the customer service operator that given the price, it was pretty clear that the product was end of line but in colour only and therefore Currys could not reasonably have expected to be getting any more stock. I suggested to him that Currys had knowingly oversold the product on the website on Black Friday (it was still showing as available the following day too!), knowing there was limited stock, put customers off for over a week until the month end arrived to enjoy the interest on all these purchases before refunding our money. He told me that how the business operated was not his area of work to comment on!
    I don't believe for a second Currys didn't know that their existing stock was all they had of this product and therefore, having worked in e-commerce websites for several years, I am fully aware of how easy it is to limit how many can be purchased of something online before it shows as out of stock, even on a day as busy as Black Friday.
    I think it was terrible customer service. How could they email me the day AFTER they had confirmed a second time (and 10 days on since my order!) that they would now be dispatching the product to say they were out of stock and here was my money back.
    On receiving that second email confirming imminent dispatch on 6th December, leading anyone to reasonably believe they were finally sending out my purchase, I put my existing mixer up for sale on a selling site and it was snapped up that same day. I also purchased an additional attachment for the KitchenAid I was expecting. Given Currys had emailed 10 days after my order to say it would be dispatched soon, I thought it was a pretty safe bet to buy it now I knew my mixer was on its way. Wrong and I now have a useless £30 beater attachment and no stand mixer at all. Thanks for nothing Currys.
    I won't be purchasing anything from Currys again based on this shoddy experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure