PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

non-breakfast foods breakfast! Update

Options

Comments

• BrassicWoman
    Options
    I make whole oats (groats) overnight in a thermos with just water. You can have them with maple syrup or soy sauce depending on your mood. Not sure if that'd be too much fibre but they are very healthy! Brown rice, barely, wheatberries, same deal.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • amandaatnumber7
    Options
    My husband suffers with ibs and is on a low FODMAP diet. He has lactose free milk and yoghurt but if you don't like the taste of milk maybe try almond milk.
    How about breakfast smoothies with juice instead of milk and add a banana for creaminess and a handful of oats for protein.
    Have you tried Spelt? Although it is wheat because it's an ancient grain my hubby finds his body can handle it as it's different to modern wheat.
    I make granola for him (and me) or you could google granola bar recipes
    Good luck!
    Love people use things. The opposite never works.
  • PixieDust
    Options
    Please don't deliberately exclude gluten from your diet even if you suspectvit may be an issue for you. Ask for a blood test to rule out coeliac disease first. :)

I have ibs and suspect it may be the yeast or soya flour in the bread that your tummy is objecting to.

How about the breakfast biscuits, belvita, as an option. Our daughter has these as she isn't a breakfasty person! 😃
  • globalds
    globalds Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    Options
    Try giving up wheat for a couple of weeks ..see how you feel
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why not cook some sausages and keep in the fridge and perhaps a packet of ham (or cook your own gammon joint). You could have that with/without your hard boiled eggs.
  • tiredwithtwins
    Options
    I often have a couple of spoons of baked beans heated in the microwave for brekkie ... not sure if they would upset your tum though :(
    wading through the treacle of life!

debt 2016 = £21,000. debt 2021 = £0!!!!
  • S-Iam
    S-Iam Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Glad the previous ideas have helped. All the best with it all. As other posters have said anything can be eaten at breakfast: last nights leftovers? Or What about dry cereal? Nibbling at a small bowl of fruit and fibre for example?

As this was brought on by a bout of food poisoning I was wondering whether a course of friendly bacteria maybe something that would be worth looking into? Maybe it may be worth discussing this with either your GP or at a health food shop? Just a thought.

Good luck with it all, and I hope you return to full health soon.

Ps since I don't eat cereal I've found this thread really useful too, and shall be pinching several ideas :D
  • gayleygoo
    Options
    I don't like milk or bread, and not too fussed about cheese either. For breakfast I will normally have dry cereal (crunchy nut cornflakes, cheerios etc).

If I have time to cook breakfast I will fry some chopped bacon and mushrooms then add baked beans to the pan and heat through. Yum! Or maybe make an omelet.

How about fruit crumble? My DD loves this for breakfast, and the sugar level is probably similar to many cereals and at least has some nice fruit. sometimes I have cake for breakfast :o

I am quite happy to have any leftovers in the fridge for my breakfast - soup, pasta, stir-fry, bubble and squeak, stew, heck, even last night's Chinese takeaway gets reheated for breakfast sometimes!

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • ljonski
    ljonski Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    Options
    i would definitely make your own bread or buy Polish bread without any additives. there are some cheap wright bread mixes at Aldi.
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
  • S-Iam
    S-Iam Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    I second the fruit crumble idea :D When we have any leftover I have it for breakfast either with or without yoghurt. Its lush :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure