High equity in house can I remortgage?

Options
Evening,

We have a house value from 3 estate agents ranging from 510-540k our mortgage is 140k! We bought for 300k 5 years ago (deposit from old property sale) we want to extend the house to add more value plus we need more space and estimate we would need an additional 40k!
My problem is we have a £1000 overdraft and £2000 credit card which we pay off monthly no missed payments. But the overdraft was due to redundancy 3yrs ago, a new job since with earning of 60k but we’ve never got rid of overdraft and always use it as we need the full wage as it supports 4 of us, but admitidly we do overspend on meals out, food shop, holidays etc stopping some of these we could more than afford extra mortgage repayments.
Would getting a remortgage be achievable or would we have to get rid of this £3000 first?
Thanks

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I cannot see any problem on what you have said here with regard to raising extra funds.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure