Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    in the olden days it used to be you divided your wages up -1/3 board 1/3 savings and the remaining 1/3 you could spend :D

But then we got rid of the groat, I know, it must have been hard for you to make that transition ;)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    But then we got rid of the goat, I know, it must have been hard for you to make that transition ;)

Why did we get rid of the goat?

Which goat?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    SSM hangs head in shame...... as I confess I am still buying the boys clothes........... they range in age between 21 and 27!

You are such a better mum than me :o I do buy ds3 clothes but he is only 16. But ds2 always offers to pay for everything g I get for him, don't always take it though. ;). I think because when the older ones where little we where really struggling, and used to hide from the rent man.:o so they know how hard it has been for us they are really careful with money, and don't want to get into debt.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    OMG, a boat in Cambodia - that is far worse, than the squalid bedsit mine is in. Not having any communication is the worst.
    They really don't know how much misery they leave in their wake

errant son has had 2 bad GFs - we just have to hope that the current relationship fizzles out the longer they are in opposite sides of the planet and the worse the money situation gets
    he used to be so good with his money, worked since he was 16 and all through college and uni and he worked straight out of uni. At one time we had to force money on him to pay for college winter skills week and now I am having to bail him out so he can get to the first pay date.
    it took us months to convince him to get back to the UK so it was such a relief when he did. it's just a different sort of misery now

I think you still need to be tougher - if you are providing all meals and doing laundry etc it needs to be more like £40 a week - £160 a month at least plus £100 off his loan - make a record of everything he owes

When he was in Myanmar, that was very little chance to communicate so I am used to it. He is male and young, so he is not able to consider anything past his immediate wants/needs.

In reality to DS3 I rarely cook as I tend to get home from work between 8-9 pm, so they have already ate, I don't do DS3 washing as he does it himself (OH does the other kids DS2 does not know how to use the washing machine... that will change next week). I am going to talk to DS3 tomorrow and tell him to set up a standing order on Monday - but he would die if it was for amounts suggested... in fact he will die if I say £100 debt and £50 board!

It does seem wrong that the youngest is the first one paying board.
  • Nellie35
    Nellie35 Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    *tunes in to watch Gary Lineker*

:D
    Hi karlie, I want to watch MOTD and the Olympics, which should I choose :undecided Think I'll stick with the Olympics, after all football is on nearly every week :rotfl:
  • davemorton
    Options
    Looks like we will be getting another gold in the match sprint, I do like that race, more tactics than just ...erm, stuff.
  • davemorton
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »

Which goat?

We didnt, I was only 'Kidding' ;)
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »

Which goat?

Who had a goat. I like goats :p
  • davemorton
    Options
    rhosynbach wrote: »
    Who had a goat. I like goats :p

I think Billy had one, didnt he?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income