Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Kathrynha - have you tried cheesy cheddars? Not sure what the suns are but I find they help when I get nausea ....though please disregard if I'm talking carp!

Saw that programme & tbh it was a waste of 90 minutes. In fairness - and I'm not biased in any shape or form but of all those diets, SW was the only one you could actually live whilst doing ....or live with someone whilst they were doing it.

Tonight has been a defrosted chilli portion together with cauliflower rice which is definitely an acquired taste........
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Everyone's food bills are so different. It depends what you eat, how many in your family etc. Both can be equally on plan SW wise. Sirloin stEakring and quails eggs are on plan as much as value pasta and value tinned tomatoes, yet have a vast price difference. All that matters is whether or not people can afford their food bills.
    Zebras rock
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Options
    why not just do the dust diet - 28 days of eating nothing but dust. You will lose loads of weight and its free so clearly the best £1 for 1lb diet out there - you will die but its a small price to pay

:rotfl: They need to put you on that show!

My food bills have been astronomical lately between cooking good SW food from scratch all week, then having a massive chocolate binge on a weekend - the worst of both worlds :o

Welcome back MissTeach - don't be disheartened by the relatively small losses, it's all in the right direction!

Well my day was pretty unhealthy yesterday, in terms of not actually eating very much. I skipped breakfast, then had lunch out. I didn't go for any pasta after all as it was all in creamy sauces and didn't contain much veg, so I had the melanzana parmiggiana (sp?) which is normally layered baked aubergines in a tomato sauce with a lot of cheese, but yesterday turned out to be a kind of ratatouille-stuffed aubergine with salad and a few syns of cheese and oil but overall seemed much more on plan than the pastas would have been :A I was then not hungry enough to eat before running club, then we had the committee meeting and it was after 9.30 by the time I got home so I just had a banana and Options hot choc.

In positive news, I went to run club and joined in with the beginners' group. I'm a qualified run leader so I supported a lady who is starting to run from scratch and has lots of problems in her legs, back and lungs, and is rather overweight. We alternated walking and jogging slowly between lampposts for over two miles and it was such an achievement for her, and for me with my bad ankle. I did lots of stretches afterwards and my ankle was only as stiff as it normally is this morning so that's a real breakthrough. Oh and it felt so good to be out doing something again!!!

Sorry I'm rambling...

B - Banana
    D - BNS, carrot and sweet potato soup, bread and butter
    T - Salmon with stir fried broccoli and grated carrot
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - 2x WM crustless bread
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (3), butter (3), hot choc (2) = 8

Weigh day tomorrow and I haven't peeked all week - eeep!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Welcome back Miss Teach. It must be really difficult sticking to plan in school holidays. I can struggle enough with one week off, never mind six.

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit
    Lunch - toast
    Dinner - Curry
    Snacks - fruit, ginger sweets, cereal bars (giving the quavers a day off)

HA - milk
    HB - bread
    Syns - ginger sweets and cereal bars
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back Miss Teach. Good plan to get back to where you were by October half term; and then further by Christmas.

Went to WI this morning and it was a small gain of 0.5lb which takes me to bang on target. I'm OK with that.

Still using stuff up, although needed to do a bit of shopping. Wanted to get some Kentish cherries but Tesco didn't have any - only had Canadian ones. Bought those last week and they were horrible - hard & dry! so wouldn't buy them again. Only fruit at a fairly reasonable price which isn't a hard fruit like apples, pears etc which I don't like was grapes. I know it's not Speed but they'll do for now.

Today's plan:

B -strawberries - after WI
    L - chicken, jacket potato, beans
    D - fish pie, veg - 4 syns for sauce

HEA - milk
    HEB - no idea but perhaps some Ryvita (nothing else suitable in the cupboard, LOL!)
    Syns - 4 for sauce in fish pie; possibly a couple for very low fat spread

Denise
  • Doodlebug5
    Options
    Please can I join your challenge?

I want to lose 1st and a half. I lost 3.5lb yesterday at weigh in will that count?

So far this is my second sw time around and I'm on 4st 31/2 lb at the moment. I've got to lose 12/13stone so I'm a quarter way through!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Doodlebug5 wrote: »

I want to lose 1st and a half. I lost 3.5lb yesterday at weigh in will that count?

So far this is my second sw time around and I'm on 4st 31/2 lb at the moment. I've got to lose 12/13stone so I'm a quarter way through!

Hello & welcome to our lovely thread.
    Of course you can join the challenge.
    Katheryna will be along soon to sign you up.
    Keep posting!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • haras_nosirrah
    Options
    weigh in day today

down 2 lb so 7lb to go to target.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Doodlebug5 wrote: »

That is a great achievement well done, and welcome x
    weigh in day today

down 2 lb so 7lb to go to target.

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening
    Not caught up, but really peeded off :( great start to new challenge + 1/2lb, not even been naughty:(
    Back later cooking tea
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure