What small things will you do this week? W/C 27 November

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Great news determined sounds fab, FT over 3 days, I do that but then still have to work the other two with no O/T unfortunately :rotfl:

Sounds great for some work life balance if a bit tough on those long days, great it's part of a long term goal too.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done, DNMS, I'm sure you'll be a real asset to them :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congrats DNMS
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    shucks you guys are lovely :A and just to go back to a f/t salary - although a lot lower than what I was in in management - is so exciting! To actually not be counting pennies all the time :j
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    ah peace of the first coffee alone :)

Have to speak to my new boss about the plan for when I will start so I can work out letting my boss know before they get a reference request.... So glad to be leaving my current job. I really like the job although it's a tough field but my relationship with my manager has been really difficult for months

Anyway small things for today:

* all meals from stores - make sandwich for my lunch, oh has los and madam school dinners :-)
    * work out what to have for tea and get anything out of freezer that's needed
    * catch bus into town for training session today
    * oh to book madam in to after school club
    * hang up washing. Set timer for next load
    * other than after school club fees not intending to spend any money
    * might list something on fleabay
    * try to check onepoll

that's all I can think of! Might go for a walk this evening when oh gets back or do an exercise video. We'll see how I feel.

Hope you all have a good day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Congratulations DNMS what a fab start ready for 2018

Managed to get everything done yesterday except for carpet clean, paperwork and my DD parcel over by 30g so price shot up. Brought it home, opened it with surgical precision, ate one bar out of it and emptied the rest of the bars into the box (it's only a present for her coach she left behind and decided to fill and surprise her with her favourite bars in it aswell but slightly overdid it).
    Planning on getting that posted this morning along with another Christmas present parcel as I have to go out for cat litter and then must come home and do some paperwork as I have a meeting tonight.
    Just about to start the cat cleaning
    Need to drop something off at my mum's aswell
    Radiator shuffle this morning
    Is it me or has November just flown by
    Think that's about it
    Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: thanks for starting us yesterday dawn - hope hubby is feeling better.

my list today;
    check banking, spent sometime last night getting various pots realigned after some spends, need to keep on top of it
    put some things on my shopping list that included items for Christmas baking, hoping to go to Aldi! later
    Jotted down a few other things I need when I'm out to keep me on the straight and narrow
    Need DH to open loft later so I can go up and get refillable advent calendar and cards left over from last year
    Meals from stores
    Make a quiche (been on my list daily for about 2 weeks)
    check for surveys
    Work lots
    Early night as I've worked late last 2 nights, worth it though as I found out we will be getting bonus at work :D

Right must get on

Purps.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Just a quick one from me, as we are off to the hospital shortly for OH's MRI scan.

So far today:
    Dog walk
    Tidying / decluttering, finished bureau drawers, filled up recycling bag, filled up shredder, where does it all come from :eek:
    Emptied shredder into compost bin, it will keep the worms warm at least till it starts to rot down :rotfl:
    Tidied kitchen, put the DW and WM on
    Rang dog groomer to make appointment for a hairdo for dog, not moneysaving but he is a mess :eek: Think the kind of mopheads your grandma used to have, grey with lots of long strands - now think of a really dirty unkempt one of those, about the same size :rotfl: And that is despite regular baths :eek:
    Hope to be able to peg the washing out before we have to leave

Won't be a NSD as I will need to pay for hospital parking and maybe a coffee if we have a long wait.
    Dinner tonight will be from food we have in, lots of ham left from the joint I cooked on Sunday :)

Hope everyone has a good day :)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Hi all,

Dawn - when does your OH get the MRI results?

CBA posting a list as it's pretty much identical to yesterday! So all the usual.. but have to pop to THE Asda (you can tell where I live :rotfl:) for Soy Sauce and to get some cheap t-shirts for fancy dress. Might look for something to add to our advent calendar for OH.

Other than that, just try and enjoy the nice sunny day!

Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Tuesday Savers,
    Useful day so far, but most of my efforts have had to be on local political stuff, so it will be this afternoon when I get onto my list good & proper. Anyway:
    *2 baths from 1 lot of hot water. All the laundry had dried on heated airer too, so that's 2 little energy-saving measures today. Nothing is as cheap as drying laundry out on the line for free, of course, but when it's about 2 degrees, a heated airer is way cheaper than cranking up the radiators!
    *Bake sourdough loaf.....that's in hand, it's on its first proving & I'm off to shape it in a minute, before I have my lunch.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Steak & kidney in the slow cooker, using l/o big piece of kidney from last time. There will be enough to fill mr f's food flask for Thursday's packed lunch too.
    *Invoiced an ebay buyer, wrapped his parcel & re-listed all unsold items. It's very slow-going, as every time I re-list I only sell a max of 2 items, usually 1 or even none, but they are slowly shifting, re-listing isn't too onerous & every little helps.
    *Did 1 x Prolific Academic survey - am up to over £16 on that - haven't been doing it all that long. They are more interesting & varied surveys than giving my opinions of brands I don't give a *£?! about, to be honest. Thanks FVD for putting me onto them.
    *Entered 2 prize draws. Someone has to win. I think it is high time it was me.
    *Wrap more presents - this fell off the list yesterday when the afternoon just seemed to disappear. Will be using plenty of items from my recycled wrappings stash, as well as last year's free rolls of giftwrap.
    *Might bake some mini-muffins if I leave sufficient time later - oven will need to go on for baking loaf, so may as well make use of it while it's hot.
    OK, that's my list.....Oh, & knit....that goes without saying as I am not very good at watching TV without being productive at the same time.
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure