Bankruptcy Paperwork Question

Options
Quick Question,

I had my interview with the OR last monday the 11th Sept. The guy was genuinely nice and the whole thing took about 40 mins. He said i would get sent some paperwork etc to sign but to date I've not received anything. Also my current account with Halifax (i have no debt with them) hasn't been frozen yet and i was declared bankrupt on the 6th Sept?

How long does it normally take to get the paperwork through?

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

The best thing to do in this situation is give the OR a call. You can make them aware you haven't received anything and ask when you might expect it, if you are worried about missing it. It doesn't seem like there is any reason for concern at this stage, but if you are worried, give the OR a call.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • luvchocolate
    Options
    I think the O.R just has not got around to you yet.
    Halifax will close your account if this is a current account, I hope you have opened a basic bank account elsewhere and got your direct debits sorted.
    Halifax are not B.R friendly.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    It's not a given that Halifax will close your account, though if it's an upmarket account it may get downgraded.

I agree with the above - give the OR a call if you're uncertain about anything.
  • thatchamlad
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice. Called earlier and was told the girl who will be dealing with my case on a day to day basis is off on holiday until the 27th September and ill get paperwork after she is back.
  • london1973
    Options
    Impossible to know how long it takes them to freeze, in my case over 2 months- just get the new basic account open and operate everything from that, forget about the old one!
  • london1973
    Options
    I would also advise you conduct all comms with the OR on email, so you have paper trail should anything ever be questioned-
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure