pre-bankruptcy debt surfaces

Options
Hi everyone!

Quickish question, i am (hopefully) due to be discharged within a month now-fingers crossed!
I had an outstanding directors loan account on a previous company that was written off pre-BR date so not included-however I've heard, very informally, that this now MAY be classified as income hence a tax liability MIGHT arise at some point, its all very vague-what happens in these cases? i.e a PRE BR debt crystallises after BR and discharge-the write off was about 2 years ago I think-at the time of BR i didn't even think about mentioning it as it had been written off for some time, inc in the accounts etc
thanks!

Comments

• Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Falls into bankruptcy, because tax liability crystallises at date debt was written off (which if it hadn't been pre bankruptcy would have been at date of bankruptcy anyway).

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

• london1973
    Options
    thanks Mouse, can this present any complications re my AD?-i.e what do I do if and when it surfaces, it might not, i'm rather in the dark
  • Mouse007
    Mouse007 Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Has no bearing on AD what so ever. If anyone ever comes after you refer them to your OR, all and every debt (except some court fines) pre BR fall into BR even if discoverred years later. Nothing to worry about.

BBC WatchDog “if you are struggling with an unfair parking charge do get in touch”

Please email your PCN story to watchdog@bbc.co.uk they want to hear about it.
    Please then tell us here that you have done so.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure