Budget halloween party

Options
2»

Comments

• mickeymouse303
    Options
    I recommend Wilko's and Home Bargains for cheap Halloween things - they usually have really good stuff in there that you can keep, and it's a bit better than the rubbish pound shop stuff too.
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had a creepy miss haversham themed party. Got an old frou frou wedding dress for a fiver form a charity shop threw red food colouring on it like blood placed on my dressmakers dummy. But would have loved to some have suspend from the ceiling or door in a corner. Also got some doilies and a lace table cloth that was a hideous aged colour washed well for the table.

Got a load of doll parts in jars of coloured water with glow sticks in them. As well as eyeballs and fingers from morrisons.

Had a few broken dolls with mouths sewn shut and eyes sewn shut in the corner - again with glow sticks inside their heads. the cost was very low.

I made some bunting which I stuck tea age on to go along with the miss haversham food theme. Didn't dust for a week. Haha. Picked some dead 'flowers' stick them in jars - cowslips and Teasels type things looked grand.

The party looked awesome. Haha

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • Jamiesmum
    Options
    Wilkos has some great decorations when I went in today!

Plenty of food, alcohol and some music - people will have fun.

I think the best bet will be placing plenty of decs out front to encourage trick or treaters and inventing some good ways to greet them to add some fun!

Smoke machine, answer in dress up etc.

Have you seen the brilliant ideas over the net for the party food?
  • VintageBelle
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills