Debt with Barclays - advice needed.

Options
Have a number of debts most are loans with barclays some have gone to a debt collection agency but our bank account and one loan still remain with barclays. Have contacted them to arrange payment schedules as we were with Gregory Pennington but ditched them in January. Anyway my question relates to the current account we are being charged interest which is more than what we are paying have asked about having the interest stopped they said they wouldnt do this but would try and put the overdraft as a small loan - obviously our credit rating is shot to sh*t so if they cant do this what are our options.

Thanks

Comments

• SunderlandBlackCat
    Options
    chesterton wrote:
    Have a number of debts most are loans with barclays some have gone to a debt collection agency but our bank account and one loan still remain with barclays. Have contacted them to arrange payment schedules as we were with Gregory Pennington but ditched them in January. Anyway my question relates to the current account we are being charged interest which is more than what we are paying have asked about having the interest stopped they said they wouldnt do this but would try and put the overdraft as a small loan - obviously our credit rating is shot to sh*t so if they cant do this what are our options.

Thanks

Don't accept the loan. The interest rate will probably around 22% & you'll end up paying double what you currently owe. I'd advise contacting CCCS, Payplan or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i would suggest you open an new bank a/c with someone you owe nothing to... it may have to be a basic account and then stop using barclays and just treat them as an other creditor.
  • chesterton_2
    Options
    We haven't actually banked with them now for over a year - can't understand why they haven't closed the account on us and moved it to a debt collection agency.
  • MET_3
    MET_3 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Barclays have a seperate department set up to look after cccs customers. If you sign up with cccs they will stop hassling you and stop the interest. Also they won't pass you over to a DCA - as they handle it all in house. m
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure