PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The All New Bang on Trend Cookbook Challenge 2018

Options

Comments

• pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you so much, Pollycat. We are going to make this on Friday (minus the flat breads though) and best of all, I already have all of the ingredients in stock :)

Really appreciate the time you've taken to post :)
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    pipkin71 wrote: »
    Thank you so much, Pollycat. We are going to make this on Friday (minus the flat breads though) and best of all, I already have all of the ingredients in stock :)

Really appreciate the time you've taken to post :)
    You're welcome, hope you enjoy it. The fresh coriander sprinkled on top really works.

We have it as a main with naan or I box up smaller portions to have as a side dish.
  • downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Funnily enough I’ve just made Jamie’s flatbread recipe from his 5 ingredients book for the first time for lunch. That recipe is 4 tablespoons self raising flour, 3 of yogurt and 1 of oil. I thought they were great and they will become a staple... I will use up some of my Kefir instead of yogurt next time.

That’s new recipe 4 so far and no disasters yet!
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Funnily enough I’ve just made Jamie’s flatbread recipe from his 5 ingredients book for the first time for lunch. That recipe is 4 tablespoons self raising flour, 3 of yogurt and 1 of oil. I thought they were great and they will become a staple... I will use up some of my Kefir instead of yogurt next time.

I use that one too and they are lovely...I make a big batch and freeze the dough works well
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Options
    Nelski thanks for that - me & DH struggle to eat a whole batch when I make them!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Made a sw friendly Mediterranean chicken casserole tonight for tea served with rice, really enjoyed the change and my youngest son loved it too!
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options

What sort of yogurt do you use?
    Pollycat wrote: »
    OK, new recipe for me tonight:
    chorizo, sausage, cabbage and chickpea stew.

I dislike chickpeas so will substitute some sort of beans, either haricot or cannellini.
    No idea where this recipe came from but I was obviously interested enough at the time to copy it into my recipe folder. I last saved it in Word 2 years ago.

Has a carton of passata in too as well as beef stock (I'll probably use veg stock) so I might add diced potatoes to make it a one-pot meal.

Reading this reminded me that I was going to add Chorizo to my casserole and forgot, never mind will plan to use it for another meal!
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs Cheshire I used the real Greek yogurt from Aldi. When I use my Kefir I will strain it for an hour or so to thicken it up a bit
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I haven't managed to get the length of deciding where I'm going to start with this :obut I am really keen to take part.:) My offspring only left today and I still have a fair number of "bits" and a load of veg to use up so hoping not to need a shop until next week. I'm thinking that I will allow up to £5 per shop to get any new ingredients I need to try a new recipe or two. I feel that's a reasonable balance for me between using up existing stocks while ringing some changes in the food I cook. I did get two "cookbooks" for Christmas but both are more "reads" than recipes. I've not had the chance to delve into them yet!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    I haven't managed to get the length of deciding where I'm going to start with this :obut I am really keen to take part.:) My offspring only left today and I still have a fair number of "bits" and a load of veg to use up so hoping not to need a shop until next week. I'm thinking that I will allow up to £5 per shop to get any new ingredients I need to try a new recipe or two. I feel that's a reasonable balance for me between using up existing stocks while ringing some changes in the food I cook. I did get two "cookbooks" for Christmas but both are more "reads" than recipes. I've not had the chance to delve into them yet!

what did you get caronc?

I got Jamies Christmas last year but never ventured in for a look. Been looking today and now its full of coloured post it notes of things i want to try....is it just me that does this :) Theres a great chapter on leftovers and with a fair amount of turkey still in the freezer then I think i will have a go at one of these. Thinking about it I have an old Delia Christmas book too so I can see the festive season dragging on a few months this year :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure