Starting again....again

Options
Bipolar_debt
Bipolar_debt Posts: 32 Forumite
Debt-free and Proud!
edited 18 September 2016 at 9:31PM in Debt free diaries
After a major issue with my car and the roof needing repairs I am back to before square one and fuming :mad: I had to take out three loans from friends to sort out the issues :(

I now stand a this:
Friend one £767.50
Friend two £577.21
Friend three £219.00
Over draft £2000.00
Mum £8,656.00
CCS £210.00
DWP £2,187.12

Total £14,616.83

The other news is I have been really ill and as I was agency I lost my job but I will be starting a new one the week after next.

Right now I am in a bit of a mess I have snowballed all my debt and should be clear by December 2017, I am going to start selling things on FB and ebay to get some extra cash but this will be spent on a few luxuries as I am throwing absolute maximum at my debts.

I have enough food in the freezer for 6 weeks of dinners so the food bill will be very low until my freezer is empty unless I find any really cheap bargains and I can fit it in the freezer.

All three of my friends will be paid by January and thank god they could help me.
I am going to get into reading again I am part way through Cathy Glass Please Don't Take My Baby it's very sad but also very addictive.

Menu this week until Tuesday as it's food shopping day:
Today HM pizza and salad
Sunday at a wedding
Monday jacket potato with pulled pork, cottage cheese and salad
Tuesday mushroom bourguignon

Feels like so much on my plate but I am going to take one day at a time.
Total [STRIKE] £16,582.43 [/STRIKE] left £0 Debt Free 7/12/16 :j
Deposit fund £0/£10,000

Comments

• Bipolar_debt
    Bipolar_debt Posts: 32 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 17 September 2016 at 7:44PM
    Options
    I have been sat on excel for the past hour and done a monthly meal plan and worked out all the food needed for me and DD. She isn't fussy but she doesn't like mushrooms, tomatoes and onion (unless I grate it in it's the texture she doesn't like not the taste).
    If I can stick to it it's costing about £100 for the month for 31 dinners, breakfast and lunches.
    I am going to see whats left over at the end of the month and then use that up before shopping again, the plan will have to start in about 4 or 5 weeks once my freezers empty.
    The only money I can scrape anything back from is food at the moment and I am spending £200 a month mostly by going to bits that end up costing £10-15 a time I figure if all the dinners are there and ready I won't be tempted to go for top up shops during the week
    Deposit fund £0/£10,000
  • Bipolar_debt
    Options
    Today is my friends wedding, I got a beautiful photo frame last year for them reduced from £40 to £6.00 as a shop was closing down. I don't drink alcohol so a few diet cokes won't cost much I have budgeted £20 but shouldn't cost that much.

I am wearing a dress that I had for my friends other wedding the year before last, so it's cost me hardly any moneyx
    Deposit fund £0/£10,000
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Well done for taking control.

I hope you are now fully recovered and have a lovely time at the wedding!
    :happylove
  • Bipolar_debt
    Options
    The wedding was lovely had a great time and only spent £13 on drinks so that's good.

I have been thinking about making a proper plan so I can stay on track

2016 (well whats left of it)

Pay friend two £577.21 back
    Have one payment left for friend one of £153.50 (she said to pay back in 5 payments)
    To pay mum £541 per month
    To pay CCS £20 a month
    DWP are going to take £42.06 a week already from WFTC (need to adjust spending to cover this)
    Stick to the monthly food plan once freezer/cupboards are empty

All debts to be cleared by December
    Book a camping holiday for a week in the summer
    Start my allotment and grow the more expensive vegetables I keep buying
    Deposit fund £0/£10,000
  • Bipolar_debt
    Options
    I have made a plan for my allotment on free software I found online. I am planning on growing spaghetti squash, courgettes, tomatoes, onions, garlic and potatoes as I use these the most and they will help cutting my food bill, I love spaghetti squash is such a small season but really expensive so makes sense to grow my own.

I have put two pairs of curtains on FB so hopefully they will sell, at the moment I need to make £140 to make mums October payment so I am planning on finding the shortfall through selling and doing surveys etc.

I was going to take bear (my border collies nick name) on a long walk but the weather has decided different, I hate rainy days makes me feel depressed but it will give me a chance to get my selling done and clean the house.
    Deposit fund £0/£10,000
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    The allotment software sounds really interesting, what's it called?

I hadn't even thought of getting an allotment until I read your post - we have no garden so I am going to check out if there are any available where we live and if so, what the rent is.

Good luck with the selling - it's a grey day here too so I am planning on doing the same!
  • Bipolar_debt
    Options
    Hi Thistle-down I used https://vegplotter.com, there are no allotments near me but my back garden is a reasonable size so I am planning to use that
    Deposit fund £0/£10,000
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    thank you - that looks fantastic!
  • Bipolar_debt
    Options
    DFW things done today:

1. Put the stems of my lettuces in water I used to do it a lot and get and extra meal of salad.
    2. Next door said they were looking for someone to look after the cats and chickens for a week I jumped at the chance when they said I could keep all the eggs for the week (eggs will feature a lot on the menu) :rotfl:
    3. Cancelled my gym membership, I even braved the wet with my dog and took him for a walk
    4. Put a load of clothes and other bits on FB for sale
    5. Made a huge batch of Jack Monroes Tea Bourguignon ready for can't be bothered to cook nights
    6. Defrosted the freezer

Right off the veg in front of the TV
    Deposit fund £0/£10,000
  • Bipolar_debt
    Options
    Just worked out my shopping list for Tesco for tomorrow, I have managed to scrape enough money from food for the next few weeks to be only £100 short of my mums £541 in October. I will make that if it kills me,

Plan for tomorrow:
    I'm going to finally get my backside into gear and paint my feature wall in my bedroom (already have the paint)
    Sort out the loft to look for things to sell.
    Go food shopping and stick to my list
    Bake some cakes for the week
    Watch a film (one of my DVD's I never watched)
    Deposit fund £0/£10,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family