Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Auto-enrolment - postponement of stating dates/TUPE

Options
Thanks for anyone able to assist with this.
We were advised earlier this year that we would be auto-enrolled in February and the Staging Date was to be 01/02/2016. In February, we were told that this would be postponed (I can't recall being given any reason for this at the time but it became apparent why later) and in mid-March, we were advised that our company was being taken over and all employees would be TUPE'd over to the new company. There has been little development since then apart from us being advised that the staging date would be postponed further. When we are eventually TUPE'd to the new company and then auto-enrolled, will this mean higher contributions than would have been required if we had retained the original staging date? There are many more questions regarding the way the transfer is being done but I was keen to start contributions and don't want to be expected to pay more in as a result of postponement.

Comments

• Beccamilo
    Options
    The staging date for the new company will depend on the PAYE reference. If it is different to the old company then the old staging date will not apply.

Your contributions are based on you payslip each time so they shouldn't be any higher because you staging later.
    Even tho you were postponed you still had the option to opt in to the pension scheme and this should have been clear on the letter you received telling you about the postponement.
    If you want to opt in before the transfer then any TUPE agreement should reflect your membership of the AE scheme and offer your the same terms
  • kdubbett
    Options
    Thanks Beccamilo. That's very helpful. There's a lot going on here at the moment so any advice is appreciated. The issue of auto-enrolment should be sorted in the next few weeks so I'll update when I know. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure