N61 form - URGENT help needed

Options
I have to complete and N61 form tomorrow for court but I am applying to be bankrupt at the end of the week do I put this in the box to suspend the order? Also it's asking for my expenses not including anyone else in the household how do I do that ??

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know how the N61 system works but if its possible and if you are going BR at the end of the week then I would hide behind the sofa/get food poisoning/have a blackout due to stress etc etc or whatever it takes to not sign the N61 until you get the BR done.

The expenditure will be your contribution to all the household expenses. So if you and your partner (if you have one) earn about the same then the OR would expect you to both pay 50% of the joint costs - or, if for e.g. you earn 20% more than your partner, then you would be expected to pay 20% more - so, you need to work out what you pay for and what % of the joint expenses you pay.
    Use the calculator here http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php to help work it out
  • nikkirr
    nikkirr Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    U have to complete within 8 days so has to be there for tuesday.
  • nikkirr
    nikkirr Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Im having to send it with full details and ive put i am applying for bankruptcy ive got no other choice
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi nikkirr

It is a legal requirement to respond to the attachment of earnings application (N56). You can request that the order is suspended on the basis you are planning to go bankrupt. However you should also make an offer of payment as well in case for any unforeseen circumstances you are not made bankrupt as planned.

If all goes well it’s very likely the bankruptcy order will have been made before the attachment of earnings order is dealt with. Good luck with the bankruptcy.

Susie
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure