can anyone recommend a cheap tennis racket?

Options
Looking for a tennis racket, decent but cheap. Any suggestions?

Also cheap balls that bounce ok.

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"]forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Sports & Fitness’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • madnlooney
    madnlooney Posts: 457 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sportsdirect i got mine from, although im not expert on rackets so cant say if they are good or not but for a tenner it does me
  • PenguinOfDeath
    Options
    I got my Wilson racquet for about £6 in the sale in Sainsburys where they often have equipment like this on offer, also seen similar in Tesco too
  • vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quite an individual thing, so hard to advise.

If you feel you need more power, a larger racket head will probably give you that. A smaller head will give you more accuracy. A lighter racket is probably preferable to most. Just watch out for handle size. When you grip the handle, there should be space for a finger between the tips of your fingers and the edge of your thumb (if that makes sense). Rackets that are too big can contribute to tennis elbow.

As for tennis balls, everyone has their own preference. I like Dunlop Fort All Court. £10 for 3 tins of 4 at Sport direct. We sometimes use Slazenger when it's wet because they are super bouncy, so are a bit more like a normal bounce when they are wet.
  • tillyscot
    tillyscot Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers I will have a look!!!!
  • puppey
    puppey Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    you could always contact a tennis club to see if they have any old rackets they are selling from their pro team etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure