'Buy Zara clothes at a fraction of the cost, and get a flight...' discussion

Options
Former_MSE_Helen
Former_MSE_Helen Posts: 2,382 Forumite
If you're one of the millions planning a trip to Spain at some point this summer, stop shopping at Zara UK right now ...
Read the full story:

Buy Zara clothes at a fraction of the cost

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• feemcc
    feemcc Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,

I have given is a go, but when at checkout it asks for a postcode and doesn't seem to accept a UK postcode. Does anyone else have the same problem?

• ragi132
    ragi132 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    There's a Zara in Benidorm that the girls and I visit at least once a year, have come home with some real bargains.

Have never been able to order on the spanish website with a uk postcode though, which I think Martin does say in his blog, sadly!
  • Millefeuille
    Options
    I recently saw a really nice Desigual (Spanish brand) handbag in Paris, but baulked at the 99 Euro price. Two months later I was fortunate enough to travel to Valencia for work and a Spanish colleague told me Desigual was much cheaper there. In the local department store (equivalent of John Lewis) I found the same bag for 39 Euros. Looking at the Desigual site in England, I suspect it's the same situation as Zara.
  • mjose
    mjose Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    You can get for free your personal spanish address where you can receive your zara purchases from Spain and Spainbox will forward for you with Fedex or UPS at a very cheap price to UK or any place in the world

You can buy from zara spain online using an SpainBOX forwarding for free using this coupon code: FREESPAINBOXPERSONAL
  • Augustus_the_Strong
    Options
    When I last went to Barcelona a few years ago, Camper shoes were very much cheaper there than in London, and even cheaper still at the airport.
  • Soubboura
    Options
    When Syria was experiencing better days I bought all my wardrobe from Stefanel (Italian style / Spanish company / manufactured in Aleppo / sold in outlets in Damascus) Their sales were prodigious : a skirt sold in Harrods for £150 & bought in Damascus for £10 - shopping in sales meant I accessed 90% discount on next season styles that hadn't yet arrived in the UK! My daughter graduated as a lawyer and moved to the US with an entire wardrobe of Italian clothes; My wardrobe is still packed with Stefanel classics! Now no more Stefanel in that country! But this happens round the 3rd world, wherever high end clothing is produced! It leaks out by the back doors!!!
  • dickiedalmata
    Options
    In response to your message about Desigual in Valencia, there's a shopping center near to Valencia airport called Bonaire. At the back of Bonaire there's another smaller shopping mall called Pueblo Bonaire. Zara has a discount outlet there called Lefties. There's also a Desigual outlet with up to 30% off normal Spanish prices and a Mango outlet too! This is where they get rid of left over stock, so you can find some real bargains. Oh, I nearly forgot, you can get great prices on shoes at the Camper outlet as well.
  • Flossyfloo
    Options
    In response to your message about Zara in Spain it's really worth looking out for 'Lefties' in the shopping malls. There is one in the beautiful 'Zenia Boulevard' in Orihuela Costa. The shop sells Zara left over stock at seriously reduced prices, especially in the winter months.
  • hob66
    hob66 Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Take a look at H & M stores in Spain, I use the one in the Habaneras Commercial Center, Torrevieja, Costa Blanca because of the good exchange rate it is cheaper to buy in Spain than the UK. I have not checked out Zenia Boulevard shopping centre yet at Playa Flamenca - down the coast south of Torrevieja.
  • Brahaspatinda
    Options
    Something to bear in mind when you set your heart on something to collect in Spain is that sizing of stock here means that places such as Zara will often not have anything in 'normal' UK sizes. Their 'XL' is a 16 and skimpy at that: many years of undernourishment has made for narrower frames! And if they do actually have an XL in the shop it'll be just that - 'an', not a rack-full.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback