Credit report agencies and missing creditors

Options
I was discharged from BR earlier this year and will soon start to look to clean up my credit file/report. I know there are several with the main ones being Equifax, Callcredit and Experian.

Before I went BR I had over 25 creditors. Having looked at my report on all three of Equifax, Callcredit and Experian, at least 5 of those creditors are missing from all of them.

For example, Equifax shows 18/25 creditors on my report, Callcredit shows 19/25 and Experian has 20/25 showing.

What I want to know is...

Should I care? Is there another agency that creditors may use in future that I don't know about? If all of my creditors shown on these agency sites are shown as satisfied, should I be chasing up the 5+ that aren't shown on any of those sites or does it not matter as they aren't showing up on any of them?

I'm just concerned that, even if I "clean up" my file on all three agency sites, that because 5 or so creditors are missing from all of them that it will come back to bite me.

I guess it's worth mentioning that one or two of the creditors went into liquidation years ago which might explain why they aren't on any of the files, but I know at least 3 of them are still running.

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There are only 3 that you mention, there are 2 freebies which are noddle and clearscore but they are just a free version of call credit and equifax respectively.
  • dundermifflin
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    There are only 3 that you mention, there are 2 freebies which are noddle and clearscore but they are just a free version of call credit and equifax respectively.

But what about creditors that don't appear on any of the 3? Should I forget about them?

Like I said in the OP, I have 5 creditors (out of 25 that I recall) that don't appear on any of the 3 credit agencies - will them not appearing have a negative effect in future or should I just consider it as if they don't exist?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure