MSE News: Morrisons first 'big four' supermarket to offer 10% discount for students

Options
2»

Comments

• Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Nope- I used it successfully in the West Denton branch in Newcastle on Friday afternoon. It's being trialled for 3 months- not advertised in store and you have to search on the app but definitely still live.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Pengi904
    Options
    Seems to have disappeared from the app. Has this been discontinued before the end of the 3 months does anyone know?
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pengi904 wrote: »
    Seems to have disappeared from the app. Has this been discontinued before the end of the 3 months does anyone know?

I saw they posted on Facebook that they had pulled the offer, but another post stated they're still running the promotion but limiting it to the first 1,000 customers from each Monday.
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Options
    I am totally against this. When I was a student, I had more available cash than I have now. Also these free bus passes to OAP's should be restricted.
  • omidaverde
    Options
    I can't imagine they will keep this up for long - our local Morrisons is right next to campus and heaps of students shopped there. Their profits margins would suffer without the benefit of bringing in any extra customers as they all shopped there anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure