MoneySaving Poll: How much is your typical monthly mobile bill?

Options
2»

Comments

• Perry525
    Perry525 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I wonder what these big spenders get for their money - do they use anywhere near their paid for minutes, would they be better off, on pay as you go.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 November 2014 at 9:26AM
    Options
    I pay 7.70 per month for plenty of mins/txts/data and new phone included. So why pay more? I dont get why people have to pay 30+ quid a month for roughly the same just because they have to have an iphone / Galaxy. My smartphone does all the same basic jobs - i.e. does calls, texts, has a camera and can browse the internet.

Always annoys me that we talk about people having no disposable income when they blow their money unnecessarily (Sky is another good example!)
  • Flick216
    Flick216 Posts: 8,955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I voted the £50+ but actually my airtime bill is £28 a month for unlimited calls, texts and 8gb data. The other £25 is for the phone.
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots
    Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 March 2015 at 4:57PM
    Options
    It's around £45.

For that I have 2 brand new phones with unlimited mins/texts. One if 4G with a big data allowance and the other is 3g with 1gb. I also have a 600 minutes, 1k texts and 25mg data SIMO.

The site wouldn't work when I tried to order on there? So I got £40 credit on my account and I asked for my handset costs to be taken off when I upgraded my contracts, which they were :)

Oh I do have a landline, but I couldn't even tell you what the number is I only have it for broadband, for which I ended up paying around £6 a month after cashback and vouchers are taken I to account - better than the £25 a month that I was previously using!
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Personal bill is usually around £45 per month, company phone anything between £80 and £200 a month.
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    25.99. HTC one.

All my calls and text and unlimited internet, or if it is topped I've never reached it and always using it.

No home phone.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure