SoA Help

Options
2»

Comments

• itsallabitmuch
    Options
    I gave them this SoA, but my husband's debts are not included in the DMP, as it is only in my name
  • cms-help
    cms-help Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I gave them this SoA, but my husband's debts are not included in the DMP, as it is only in my name

If you plug all your details into the Stepchange online calculator it highlights that you're spending too much on groceries, mobile, TV/internet and fuel for the car. It recommends token payments to your creditors, not a DMP.

I'd get back in touch with your DMP provider as you can't service this level of expense, even with cutbacks.
  • Arleen
    Arleen Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 March 2017 at 9:47PM
    Options
    I fear that the answer here will be the one you may not want to hear - you will have to cut back on studies and get at least a part-time job. Savings here will get you only so far, and it seems that in this case, that won't be enough.

I understand that you may have high hopes tied with getting that PHD soon, but reality is that at the current rate of income you are unlikely to make it to there. So while going part-time will mean that the degree will take more time to finish, it will remove a lot of stress and anxiety from your life, as regaining financial stability does.

I'm a sole provider for my family, and even without having such situation at hand it is stressful enough for me. I can only begin to imagine what type of stress must your SO go through.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure