When will my partners Bankruptcy drop off?

Options
Hi.

In September 2011 my partner was declared B/R and included two credit cards AA and Virgin.

On her credit report there is an entry for these two cards with the correct default dates.

However, there are another two entries for the same cards stating ‘debt assigned to CAIS member’ both dated approx. one month later.

My partner thinks she has read somewhere that there is nothing you can do about these, its where are debt company bought the debt and realised there is no cash to be had due to the BR, but it's a little annoying that it pushes the default dates out a month.

Can anyone advise if there is anything she can do?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

The defaults should not post date the bankruptcy and once the bankruptcy order had been made there was no debt to sell on.

Your partner should consider a complaint and ask them to amend the date of the default they have entered on the credit file. It should be registered as the original default date, even if they are the new 'owners' of the debt, but it certainly shouldn't post date the bankruptcy order. Send the complaint to the debt collector and escalate to the financial ombudsman service and information commissioners office if necessary.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure