PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Wanted - ideas and suggestions, please!

Options
2»

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It was an old one, didn't think I had the space or need for it at the time, had all the attatchments for mincing etc aswell, currently waiting for a call back to see if he still has it. Sure he took it to a boot sale last year and noone would even give him a fiver for it. :( will be gutted if he's sent it to the tip. It was either Kenwood or Braun, he only ever bought those two brands for kitchen things.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • CFC
    CFC Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi lovely ladies!
    Toxic - it is a KM310. OH would have sprung for a Major if I'd asked but I honestly think it's hard enough to justify £150 with the amount of cooking I do, let alone £300! By the way, what on earth is a FP business - Food Processing? Not sure what that might entail!

I'll try mashing the spuds in it, OH is very fussy about his mash (no mash is as good as Swedish mash from the sauasage and mash shop!) so it'll be interesting to see what he thinks. I haven't made butter since I was a kid so I'll have a go at that and see if I like the product and make the sodabread to match it. I can't do the rosti cos I don't have the grater yet and my 20 yrd old food processor as bitten the dust (probably cos of lack of use in the last 5 years, might try changing the plug as it worked previously)

Angelina I too am not sure I could bring myself to put a load of fat into the sausages, do you think that perhaps they'd be better cooked in gravy rather than grilled or fried? Or do I really just need to bite the bullet and accept the fat? Did you use casings or did you make skinless ones?

Keep em coming..love your ideas...
  • moggins
    moggins Posts: 5,190 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kenwoods make the BEST mashed potatoes ever. Simply add the boiled potatoes into the Kenwood bowl. Switch on to a slow speed with the K beater. After a couple of minutes or so, add butter and cream or hot milk and seasoning. Beat for a couple of minutes more. Serve when you think it looks and tastes good. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this.

I would never have dreamed of doing this until you mentioned it but tonight I have just done the easiest mash in my life :D
    Organised people are just too lazy to look for things

F U Fund currently at £250
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Can you use the hand electric beater to do mash?
  • CFC
    Options
    OOh if I'd known you sell them Toxic I would have got OH to buy it from you (if you do mail order that is) as I prefer to support people's businesses rather than faceless conglomerates.

Nope, it was another poster who sneaked a peek at the receipt - I just had a gold wrapped enormous box under the tree after he'd been carefully primed as to WHAT exactly to buy!!!
  • apple_mint
    apple_mint Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What a lovely hubby you have trained there! ;)

Only just remembered I found the manual for the KitchenAid online while ago. All recipes are perfect for the Kenwood as both machines use the same tools.

Here's the link:

KitchenAid Manual & Recipe book

Enjoy!

Thank you for this Toxic Lemon - there are loads of recipes in here :D
    Enjoying an MSE OS life :D
  • CFC
    Options
    OK Toxic, question for you - for grating and such like, am I better off buying the grater attachment or buying another v. cheap small processor? Which is best for ease of use and ease of washing?
  • CFC
    Options
    Bump bump :)
  • Thistle-down
    Options
    Good Lord, how did I miss this thread?:eek: :eek: :eek:

I will have a think about recipes - I use mine for everything.
    :happylove
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bump!
    MIL called earlier and asked if I want an old Kenwood chef... of course I squealed YES PLEASE and am now very excited! It has sat in her Dad's kitchen for 12 years since her Mother passed away and it it was bought when my husband was a child so it is a proper vintage one. Provided it still works, I will buy whatever bits I need for it, no idea what it comes with yet but can't wait to try it out. One thing I am really not clear of yet after reading as many threads as I can on them is... can I make shortcrust pastry and biscuits in it? Any other uses would be great too but am trying not to bake too many cakes at the moment!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure