Options

Comments

• uphillstruggler
    uphillstruggler Posts: 152 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2017 at 3:52PM
    Options
    Hi everyone,

DNMS congratulations on the new job :T

Was going to fill car up using a 10p off/litre discount voucher but it has expired! Oh dear.
    Have had a slight nightmare as I sent a phone back under its 12-month warranty for a replacement and they delivered it to an old address...:eek: I kept bugging the company for ages asking where my phone was and they eventually piped up with a "you signed for it a month ago". No, I didn't. So had to try to contact the new occupiers of my old flat, but printer has decided to be "offline" today and I'm currently trying to coax it into operation! It's funny how something so simple can waste so much time! Edit: yes, you guessed it. In the end it printed out far too many of them...

Today I have/will:

*[STRIKE]check accounts[/STRIKE] - done
    *free hot drink in town
    *December budget
    *post couple of letters
    *take photos of clothes items to put in capsule wardrobe app - the point being to combine what I have and not spend any more (or spend wisely, at least)
    *quick clean
    *[STRIKE]work, work, work![/STRIKE] - done
    *[STRIKE]book leave! Seriously! Do this![/STRIKE] - done!
    *exercise

Have a super day all,
    US
    Emergencies account: £500/500
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Flippin' heck, Amazon are reimbursing me for the stuff they lost, just after I'd given up hope of it ever being resolved! And they reimburse what you would have made on it rather than the cost price so it's equivalent to 60 sales!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 29 November 2017 at 9:22PM
    Options
    1LL, that is exactly why I hate self service tills :mad:
    Brilliant news on the Amazon reimbursement FVD :T

Today's plans:
    So far:
    Stewed HG fruit from freezer for breakfast instead of bought fresh fruit :)
    Walked dog, he wore his coat this morning, so was happy to walk further than he has been doing, and he looks funny in his little green coat :rotfl:
    Took car to dealership to have a free winter safety check (didn't buy it new, so quite pleased with this). Free coffee while I waited, too :)
    Post office with 3 ebay parcels
    Went to sales unit and restocked. A couple of things had sold, which I was pleased about :)
    Listed 3 more thing on ebay
    A couple of onepoll surveys

Still to do:
    Check fridge to see what needs using or freezing Not done, but will make sure I do it tomorrow!
    Another dog walk Done
    Check banks Done
    Check for surveys again Done, just one more for onepoll so far
    Declutter / clean something! Top of bureau and a drawer of doom (I have many of these...) I found the egg slicer and cherry stoner I could have done with finding earlier, still I have put them in the kitchen now, so I will be able to find them in future!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Welcome newbies, it's a brilliant thread:)

FVD that's brilliant news on Amazon's reimbursement and so they should when they lose stock:T.

Still not done the paperwork or planned carpet cleaning.have a meeting tomorrow morning, have I prepared...nope, I've been shocking this week:eek:

Went to put some bacon on today and my electrics went down, electrician really lovely but what a hassle to sort out.........and my poor bacon:D!!
    I have been efficient in other areas, banking all checked and up to date ready for the 1st
    Washing up to date
    2 bags of items to go to the charity shop tomorrow:j
    I've got a new jacket ready for Prague that is going to be much better to use through the winter months.
    Yesterday and today I washed 2 thick heavy coats that attract animal hair, are way too bulky to use with the wheelchair so they are all ready to go to the charity shop aswell:j
    Also slowly have items building up ready to do a tip run
    Living room tidy up
    Last bits of Christmas presents wrapped, just one parcel to package up now-have all recycled bits and box ready to send.
    Picked up a few bits for my DDs birthday which is a nightmare after Christmas. I will be able to send them as she will be at uni. Not only were they on a special but using Martin's email :money: I got the No 7 free gift thrown in and used vouchers......grand total spent 50p!
    I've also used the last pennies sitting on a m@s gift card to get a couple of half price beauty items for presents next year.. The only problem was I didn't want a lot so would have had to pay for delivery or do a pick up and i haven't got a marks near me but DD has near the uni.......she has come in very handy:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:and saved me money instead of costing me money:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • La_escocesa
    Options
    Hi gang,
    Nice to catch up with you all :beer:

:hello: to the newbies!

Dawn - thanks for the kick off :A Lots of love to your and your hubby - hope you can keep busy to take your mind off things. Exciting that your new grandkid is on the way. :)

DNMS - Woop woop, that's great news about the job! :T

FVD - nice one on the reimbursement thing! :cool: BTW, I love reading the 1 star reviews and thinking what idiots the people sound :rotfl:

Here's me:
    - Cheapo porridge brekkie
    - Packed lunches
    - Using up yarn stash - a little hat for the charity shop methinks :think:
    - Covered pal's class so a wee bit extra for job #2
    - Free e-book
    - Early night

Payday tomorrow so I will love sorting YNAB :p Also super excited to bring 2017's budget to an end, do all my reports etc and then start a band new one for 2018! :D #budgetgeek

Also working job#2 tomorrow and arranging to send something back that I ordered but it's not perfecto... :cool:

Right, night all!
    :beer:
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 November 2017 at 6:13AM
    Options
    Morning :) I'm up again before the crack of dawn :undecided not sure how I'll feel later... I think I went to sleep at about 9.30 last night :shocked: At least I'm enjoying the peace and quiet ;):D

just read Martin's newsletter as didn't get round to it yesterday

* Working today so will need to put a lunch together
    * take reusable bottle for water during day - I just LOVE it!
    * try to park a little further out for appts so I get some additional steps in ;) (have put on 2 (of the 6lbs I lost) since I gave up smoking when I had my tooth extracted. Am trying really hard not to put it all back on over Christmas!)
    * madam having school dinners - got to love the free school meals for her age group :T
    * will see if there's enough washing for a load
    * take note of mileage and submit expenses today
    * want to go for a walk in my lunch break if I don't get time I will in evening
    * think I'm going to hand in my notice today :eek:
    * hope to list a few bits on fleabay tonight
    * mil having madam after school. No after school costs for us today :T
    * going to A5da to pick up hot choc and pink milk for madam using £1.06 wombled price guarantees :D
    * giganti plaki for dinner mmmmmm
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    FVD nice one on the missing stock :D

La E nice to see you back. How was your sister's birthday?! :rotfl:

HK can't believe how organised you are with gifts! We have just gone the other way and just don't get them :rotfl:

1LL hope today is a little calmer for you x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Well, I wasn't up quite as early as DNMS, but was fairly close behind :)
    Nothing done yet, just breakfast with HG fruit from freezer instead of bought fruit (we get through loads of fruit!) I actually rather like stewed rhubarb for breakfast :)

Today's small things:
    Walk dog x 2 for free exercise
    Dog to groomer's for 9.30. Not looking forward to this as it is icy and I hate driving on the ungritted small roads round here when it is icy :eek:
    Start a shopping list, but won't go today
    Clean fridge before I load it up again!
    List more ebay items
    Pack an item that sold yesterday
    Do some cleaning, trying to keep on top of it in case of unscheduled hospital stuff or new babies arriving (I will have to look after GD when that happens)
    Tackle another drawer of doom! I have started a new CS pile, and am keen to add to it! So far it has a 2018 calendar that I don't like and spare BBQ tools.... why do I need those? We don't even have BBQs very often, to need 2 sets of tools :rotfl: The second set was a free gift that came with something else, so I didn't actually buy them :o
    Check for surveys
    Sort RM surveys stuff for next week
    HM meals from stores

Almost light enough to walk dog, must go early this morning due to early grooming appointment. Brrr :eek:
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Morning everyone

Cat cleaning all done and need to pop to Tesc#s before meeting to get cat food- we are all out, hoping I had enough to last until tomorrow when I want to do a full shop with money off vouchers.
    Banking all checked and a bill paid.
    Need to parcel up the parcel I have been dodging, really need to get it done today ready to send tomorrow.

Believe me DNMS I have tried to cut down on the amount of presents, u would be surprised how resistant friends/relatives are. If I didn't have the RM survey stamps it would cost me a fortune in postage and I try and get the most for my budget, but I've slowly been cutting this down each year so i make the most of the sales before Christmas for birthday/Christmas presents next year(it helps being a home economist in my preparations!)
    DD and i are being firmer, DD birthday is in Feb and I have been saying in Christmas letters, no presents as she is too old and at uni now. DD was very keen for me to do it and said if someone insists on buying just to ask them to donate to charity.
    DD is particularly upset with my DB, he asked for her shoe size, I messaged him quickly to say no more shoes/trainers as she has too many and is getting ones free from sponsors now. His reaction was tough I've ordered them so she is getting them(last year's pair is still sitting in her wardrobe never worn after we told him she would hate the design, but he thought she would like them!). No thought what so ever, both me and DD hate it. We would rather a small gift with thought/no gift or donation to charity.
    Don't even get me started on th he Christmas jumper DM knitted me last year....even after DD said no please don't do it and I said the same aswell.

But I'm proud to say that DD is just as much as a bargain hunter as me, sticks to a budget but looks for gifts with thought, even if it takes many attempts to find that gift a friend would like within her budget.

Well best get ready and out for cat food
    Have a good day everyone xx
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Money Savers,
    Aww...great plans for today then every phone call I needed to make first thing ended up going pear-shaped, meaning I needed to re-research & phone somewhere different.
    *YS toasted teacakes for lunch
    *Creative use-it-up dinner under construction. Prawn skewers brushed with last bit in bottom of jar of my Mr Huda curry paste....that stuff is awesome. Peppers that needed using have gone into spicy veggie rice & I have chunked up a home grown squash with garlic & chilli flakes, oil & seasoning & roasted it. Just taken a bit thru for mr f to try....he can be a bit so-so with squashes but he pronounced it gorgeous
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure