*****ALDI Super Six fruit and veg offers*****

Options

Comments

• robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    I was thinking that. lol
    Hard to read the page of the leaflet, so could be an error. Once reason why I hate quoting others!
    Maybe some clever MSE member can enlarge that page and check? :D

You can't go by the picture, I fell into that trap on the last Super 6 where I saw raw beetroots in the magazine and thought it would be bunched raw beetroot. Turned out to be vacuum packed cooked beetroot.

No doubt will be a netted bag of a certain weight.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Thinking of the higher prices Aldi and Lidl seem to charging now , I wonder if we will have the 19p packed vegetables this Christmas or will they be more?
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MysteryMe wrote: »
    It's a beak down to that sadly.

Is this the new Aldi rating system?
  • moonshine
    Options
    4 satsumas for 69p must be an error, surely?

If not I'll be giving that a miss!
  • glensmen
    glensmen Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've got the leaflet - can confirm that it is 4 satsumas for 69p.
  • Smidster
    Smidster Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My guess is that they will do all they can to keep the Christmas staples down as low as they can - It is a very tough trading environment at the moment and they probably won't mind making a loss on the carrots if they can get you to buy the rest of the Christmas tat in the same shop.

Maybe we won't see 19p again but I don't think they will be expensive.

As for the new Super6 - We need to get used to this...the days of really cheap food are going to be over with a devalued pound and Brexit.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    satsumas look a bit of a swizz but the rest look fine for me,I love brussels and cooked with some crispy bacon bits crumbled over once cooked they are delicious. plums not too bad and handy for a crumble,garlic keeps quite well and leeks will be fine for soup.I never buy seperate jacket spuds as often a look through ordinary bags of spuds will throw up several large ones which are fine and more than big enough for my taste. I often have one about the size of the palm of my hand from and ordinary bag with grated cheese and salad and it makes a pretty good meal mid week.I have a local shop that is selling apples ,pears at 59p a lb so I can buy as many or few as I like and even mix them up if I wish. Conference pears will keep quite well in my cool conservatory as do apples.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well I’m going to buy a few bags of Golden Delicious before Thursday. Good size apples, and really tasty - not watery tasting like some I’ve bought recently. Even my 2-yo niece managed a whole one this evening.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I have a U3A meeting on Wednesday and its right by our new Aldi's and so I will nip in and see if there are some apples left before the new offers come in
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do they give the meat offers before? I always like to know in advance what they have on the offer but o have to wait until Thursday morning when it’s online
    :money::rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure