Options
2»

Comments

• Ember999
    Ember999 Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Lorian wrote: »
    There are NCAP ratings for car safety for occupants and also pedestrians, and safer cars in both catagories should be commended.

I totally agree...I think I only saw the NCAP rating for safety inside the vehicle when I was looking at the rating for my car.
    ~What you send out comes back to thee thricefold!~
    ~
  • geordie_joe
    Options
    Ember999 wrote: »
    Not at all, I would be devastated if any child was injured by any car driver but it is the responsibility of parents to ensure their children don't run out into the road.

And it is the drivers responsibility not to hit them.
    Car security or safety shouldn't be compromised for the 'risk' of kids running out into traffic,

You put car security above the safety of children.
    although I am aware that they do sometimes do that. My safety when i was in a crash was more important than a feature outside the car as it would be for you if you were in a crash.

Yes but I would also hate to be injured by a feature on a car that the owner knew would make any accident worse but still kept it.
  • Ember999
    Ember999 Posts: 1,022 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    And it is the drivers responsibility not to hit them.

You put car security above the safety of children.

Yes but I would also hate to be injured by a feature on a car that the owner knew would make any accident worse but still kept it.

Yes, it is the drivers responsibility to not hit a child and I for one have a safe 20 year driving history with no points, no speeding tickets and no hitting children etc...I do know that I often read in the press of children being killed by drivers through the fault of the child running into the road - this is not the drivers fault. Period. I am sure the devastation this causes a poor driver who has had the misfortune to run into a child must be devastating and one would hope you would understand in that situation it is not the drivers fault, but the childs or the parents, this is a fact else the child wouldn't have been in the road in the first place!

Yes, I do put the security of my car as paramount. I drive well and safely to do my best to ensure the safety of children, as I always have done and will continue to do. Safety features on a car do not stop bad drivers who almost kill innocent people like me or innocent children who make mistakes.

If you were injured by a feature on a car, it would be the fault of either the driver or you. The driver if they drove badly or were drunk (was it a Seat Leon's fault a drunken woman drove it head on into me? no! it was the drunk driving it) and would it be a car's features fault if you walked out into the path of an oncoming vehicle either because you didn't look or were drunk? No, it would be your fault. You can only protect the public so far, as they have a duty to protect their own lives just as car manufacturer's have a duty to make vehicles secure from lazy thieves who wish to steal what others have worked hard to pay for and they want for free.
    ~What you send out comes back to thee thricefold!~
    ~
  • chelseapete
    Options
    well thank you , we had the same problem and could not find the answer anywhere and then the search engine sent me here, thank you again for the answer. CP
  • Alan7785
    Options
    Thanks for this very helpful response.

I've just experienced the same problem with a hire car in Mallorca - again with no user manual available.

Incidentally, it took me a while to find the windscreen water bottle, even once I'd managed to open the bonnet.

It anyone else has the same problem, then the windscreen water bottle can be found on the extreme top left of the engine compartment, as you look at it. It has a small blue cover.

Again many thanks for your help,

Alan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family