Benefits of another credit card?

Options
2»

Comments

• synth
    synth Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Given the way you're fighting people on this, it sounds like you had your mind made up already even before you posted this - so what was the point in posting this? Pretty pointless.
  • BLOW_FLY
    BLOW_FLY Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't have more debt. I'd have more credit. Wouldn't be using the card except a few quid a month to keep it active.

'Credit' = debt...!

BF
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Name of the forum is "debtfreewannabee".

That should give you your answer !!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it wise to get another credit card and just use it for my train passes? I figure this will increase my overall credit, decrease my credit card utilisation % and also give me another item which adds a 'Payment made' each month to my credit score.

There is no benefit in having an extra card. However if you are paying interest and can shift that debt to a new 0% credit card then it would be worth it. Ideally you'd close the old credit cards so you wouldn't be increasing the amount of cards or debt.

Although whether you'll get offered a 0% card is another matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure