Help with financial dissociation after a letter from PastDue Credit Solutions

Options
Hello All,

I received a horrid letter in the post today from pastdue credit solutions which informed me that I was overdue on a cable bill. It was registered to an address that I have not lived at for 10 years and that my ex-husband still lives in with his new partner.
Calling them up it appears that he cancelled the cable account leaving a £43 bill which I am responsible for as it was my name on the account not his.
I was in a word alarmed. I am now very worried that that there are still bills which I am either jointly or separately liable for from my relationship which ended 10 years ago!! I have contacted him but it is highly probable that he will not call me back. (We did not part on good terms). He wont therefore let me know if any post is still coming to the address in my name.
I am speaking to the legal advice people, have contacted the credit agencies and will be pursuing financial dissociation from my ex but was informed that there may be no way of knowing if there are other bills that I am still liable for.
I have contacted EDF, British Gas, Southern Water. I will contact the tv license people and the council tomorrow.
Does anyone know of any other things I can do to find out if there are things still in my name?
I may be stuck with £43 quid's worth of debt but I don't want a surprise later!
It's been ruddy 10 years for God's sake!
:mad:
Kind Regards,
Dawn

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business