Civil Service Recruitment

Options
Hi all,

I recently had an interview for a Civil Service position (Mon 22nd Jan). I was told I would find out the result of the interview by last week, however did not.

I contacted the recruitment team yesterday and they said they haven't recieved the results of any of the interviews.

I was just wandering if anyone else has had a similar experience and whether I can expect a response to my interview soon (as it is a job I really hope to secure).

All the best,

C

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Unless it was for a specific Civil Service post rather than just a recruitment exercise for a CS grade, there is likely to be weeks if not months before a successful candidate takes up a position. It is not unknown for interview results to be late, so I can only advise patience.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • calum384
    Options
    Just FYI, it is for a specific governmental department/position. Thanks for the reply.
  • LadyMcFinch
    Options
    Even for specific jobs, Civil Service Recruiting can take ages - the interviewers can only guess how long it will take because part of the process is out of their hands. For example, for my current job I was told at the interview it would probably take 2 weeks for me to hear back, but it took a month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure