Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am sooooo tempted to test my Christmas cake :o

My other idea is to make another one with an old recipe that my mother gave me out of Woman's Weekly, now that is years ago. I've made it loads of times adding dark treacle and cherries and nuts but is made using mincemeat. I can't find the recipe, it was inbetween pages of the Dairy Cookbook :D
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2016 at 9:27PM
    Options
    Woohoo, 3 trains later I made it unscathed with my travel companion Tim Rig (time lapse rig):D Hope TM had just as much luck with NP :D

On quidco, Zalando have a 25% of code, 13.2% cashback and 20 reward coins. Best thing about Zalando is free delivery and returns. Just placed an order :D
    curlgirl wrote: »
    Thanks for the Info, it's a SLR she is after, to up grade from her bridge camera ( what ever that means)

I've read good things about the Canon eos 1300D as an entry level dslr

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/dslrs/canon-eos-1300d-review
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• Serendipitious
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    I am sooooo tempted to test my Christmas cake :o

My other idea is to make another one with an old recipe that my mother gave me out of Woman's Weekly, now that is years ago. I've made it loads of times adding dark treacle and cherries and nuts but is made using mincemeat. I can't find the recipe, it was inbetween pages of the Dairy Cookbook :D

A's were doing samples of Christmas cake today - very nice too, kept me going while I was waiting for my UnG coupons to be validated...
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »
    Thanks, was that when they dropped their own price though, or did they match a competitor?

Their own price I have had difference back a few times .
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    altojack wrote: »
    Just popping in to see how everyone is. Nice seeing Calmspirit posting, even if it is just about booze :rotfl:

My Lidl didn't have ant cellphone wrapping paper in today, so will get it elsewhere. I'm just thinking though, perhaps I should go myself tomorrow, Mr AJ offered to go for me and I'm not sure I can trust him to have a good look up and down all aisles :o

I'm still on the hunt for a phone, I'm looking at a Cubot Rainbow or Cubot Note on Amazon. Also looked at Moto E3 at T Direct but it's only got 1GB so I'm off that idea. I want to Whatsapp, I want the shopping apps on it too :o. Anyone got any ideas, I want a 5" screen so I can see more :rotfl:

What about a Leagoo Elite 1 :p :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Got my giddy head on :cool:
  • BishyBarneyBee
    Options
    Finally got my Nectar points!! Anybody else?
  • matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Freebie alert - hope this has not been posted as I am a long way behind. In waitrose on the customer service desk in our store they had lovely activity cases for children with stickers, etc. in so probably national. When dd went in later they had been put underneath counter so maybe worth asking for.
  • cjj_2
    cjj_2 Posts: 6,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »
    Enterprise - thanks for your help, I'll have a look at Aldi.

Anyone know what Amazon are like with price matching or refunding the difference once an item has been delivered? I ordered an Amazon Echo Dot this afternoon and just seen it's going to be £10 cheaper in Argos tomorrow. Live chat just said I'll have to wait for delivery tomorrow and then do another chat to get a free returns label :mad:

I'm sure someone else got a refund or two when the price dropped, but 'Norman' insisted they didn't do that... Looks like I'll be up to midnight and have to reserve one just in case Amazon won't do anything, I'm not wasting a tenner, I've already lost £2 on the chromecast :eek::(

I don't think they are as good with refunding the difference as they used to be. I tried this week to get the difference on a game that had dropped on their own site by £7 within a day of receiving it but no joy xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    :eek::eek::eek: I'm onto that zippy one! If the list had stopped at 20 I wouldn't have been on it :rotfl:

Thank you Ellie I'm going g to order them online but they had a black Friday discount code last year so I'm hoping for the same this year.
    10am and I'm looking forward to it :T

That Zippy is horrid!
    MKS wrote: »
    Are you describing yourself as short?:p

I am not a short !!!..... but you two are above me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure