Envelopes (and post cards) and stamps

Options
I ran out of proper postcards years ago, now ALL my entries are on the outside of sealed envelopes, unless the terms specify a separate entry slip inside the envelope.

I never put more than one entry per stamped addressed envelope but then I haven't come across the AIOE phenomenon yet.

Nothing gets sent back to me so I assume all entries are being processed as valid. I know the companies processing entries are unlikely to return anything, but the postal system itself might, and they haven't as yet.

Pound shops are a handy source of cheap envelopes but for slightly better quality I find either the cornershop or a (very large) supermarket chain such as Tesco are comparable on price and not nearly so flimsy.

And you may be able to get a discount on postage by searching for UNFRANKED stamps on eBay. Generally selling for around half the price of "new" but usually without gum so you need a Pritt Stik or similar. This a legal grey area since my understanding of the law is that uncancelled postage stamps remain valid for use; whereas Royal Mail claim that reuse is contrary to common law - which wouldn't apply if the relevant Act of Parliament was still in force from my childhood. Any lawyers here?

Best of luck!

Rich.x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family