PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 16 June 2017

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all,

Work took up most of the day yesterday, 12 hours, so I went home and had my dinner, watched a movie then went to bed.

Been to the gym this morning but I won't stay late tonight so I've a night to try and be productive. "Friday Tidy" and all that.

Sorry it's a quick one from me. Might get the chance to stop off later tonight.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 16 June 2017 at 9:04AM
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Thanks for the chocolate orange cake recipe that will be a must :j its quite a big jar so I am also going to make Marmalade cookies and Marmalade flapjacks

Orange Marmalade cookies

Orange Flapjacks

Went to Costco yesterday and was very proud of myself swerving most of the deals and just spending £50 including the spend for mums loo rolls. I did give in to a hot chicken which are just gorgeous and a bottle of baileys which was a lot cheaper than asda or morrisons :) Ended up taking my neighbour and surfice to say she did not do any swerving and filled my car with "stuff". Anyway we went for some lunch after and shared a ploughmans (they are enormous) and had a wine each. Nice to have some company of my own age :)

On the edge of selling dads car but of course find out the battery is flat (it was never going to be easy) now in any normal situation I would just jumpstart it but its driven into an internal garage so cant get to it. Put out an appeal for a portable charger so hoping someone know has one could do without having to buy one for a one off. Just cant wait to get this monkey off my back and have found someone who will come and pick it up so no need for me to be insured and will give a good price...hes the husband of a good friend so I know I am not been ripped off.

Need to have a tidy today and sort some invoices out then I may have a read for an hour ...determined to finish my book this month :D

Have a lovely day everyone and I will report back on marmalade day...Paddington would be proud of me :D
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Well I didn't get up with the larks as planned so i don't think i will be shopping today as i want to do the beds as long as there are no bonfires:mad:
    Will try to go through the freezer n cupboards to be fair they are reasonably full but i panic I need to shop from home as DD2 has not been able to work as she is doing her dissertation so we have had to pay full rent for her this month still it will be worth it in the end
    Dinner is freezer roulette and no wine for me as DS is working till midnight so will need collecting from the station
    Have a great day whatever you are up to x
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.

Grey and chilly here, the sky is absolutely leaden so some more downpours today I think. Thankfully it's supposed to be dry for the next few days after this though not hugely warm or sunny.

Fridge clear out/ reorganisation stalled for a bit until the baskets I've ordered with my online shop arrive in a bit. However, all the shelves etc. are now sparkly clean!

I've parsley sauce left over from last night so I think dinner will be this with a gammon steak and various veg. I'll pop some mustard in the sauce as it was a bit bland to pep it up a bit.

Hope everyone has a good day x
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello again, it is quite cloudy now but nice and warm. I've mostly been doing the indoor Friday Tidy but went outside to root out a weed by the front step. A nearby house is being gutted and renovated and one of the workers there came past and said Alright Bab which is the local version of Good Morning How Are You. I found it rather amusing being called Bab by a man who seemed a few years younger than my son.

We are fetching son from the airport on Sunday, I have missed him even though the house is tidy, the amount of washing is just like any normal family and I don't have to offer huge great haunches of meat every day. I'm dreading him having jet lag though, he tends to be incredibly ratty if not very well.

I just cleaned the bathroom and the moment I finished mopping the floor, my OH needed a wee. Now will go back and remop to get rid of footprints.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Back from my food shopping and quite pleased to get everything I needed for £28.60, including a good bit of fruit and veg.so hopefully only tiny top-up shop if needed for later this month. Just going to have a cuppa then nip round to let DDs dogs out before going to History club.Very warm at the moment and seems to be getting hotter as the day wears on

Cheers chums JackieO xxx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone, just :D

I woke up early hours with the onset of a migraine, haven't had one for a while now but knew the signs. Took some painkillers but was still rough until finally sick around 8am, just starting to feel a bit more human, hate these things.
    Am going to take it easy for rest of day, weather cooler here today but still sunny, the towels are in the WM and if feel like it later will change the bed. Tea is steak burgers with new pots and HM coleslaw so not much to do there. Am off to sit in the garden with yet another cup of tea :)

Have a good day folks x
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Window cleaners came round do that is something done. I managed to get a hair appointment for tomorrow around noon which I am so glad about as I look a mess and have a hospital appointment on Tuesday.

Wardrobe for upstairs is arriving at the weekend and I have left a phone message with a local cleaner to see if she can give me a hand. Fingers crossed as I don't see the smears clearly but DDs do!!!!:beer::eek:

Just about to get the bus to York and treat a dd to the cinema to see "Wonder Woman" and looking forward to it. Steak is defrosting for tonight in case a dd pops round.

Hugs to all especially TA, csarina and anyone who could use one.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Thanks for the thread nmlc.

Hugs to TA, Csarina and Nelski and anyone else in need.

Well it's D Day, the tenants are paying the deposit and signing the lease this evening, hopefully they are moving in tomorrow and over the weekend.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone
    It is an overcast but very warm day here with a lovely cooling breeze.
    Had to go to town this morning to buy my dad a Father's day present, unfortunately I hadn't got a clue what to get him because at nearly 88 he has "everything he needs"( well that's what he said when I asked what he would like, so no help there then ! ) Wandered round for an hour, had a coffee and finally settled for a mico fleece jacket, he's always cold these days but it probably won't fit / wrong colour etc. He's quite difficult size wise, anybody remember Harry Secombe ? well that's my dad and he has been mistaken for him in the past :rotfl:.
    The only work I have done today was mowing the lawns, as DH is still not 100%.The pollen count was supposed to be high today so I took an anti histamine tablet first, rather than later.
    Tea tonight will be quiche and salad followed by strawberries and cream.
    Hester :j D Day ! Hope all goes as planned.
    Hugs to all those who may need or want one and enjoy the rest of the day.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure