Charging Order? The myth

Options

Comments

• DAKOTA45
    Options
    Yes…. I have just emailed the purchaser and the estate agent again.

I have no idea why they are being so reticent about helping me, other than that they fear repercussions from my neighbour… he is a thoroughly unpleasant person who threatened my purchaser… I have a text where she told me he had threatened her and that she thought he was a bully and had told him so… and the email from the estate agent is in no way ambiguous… I mean, you could make stuff like this up. Why would he say such things unless they were true?
    I have been on the receiving end of his threats… he was practically apoplectic… his wife ran away whilst he was shouting at me, such was the vitriolic rage he was in…he told me he would bankrupt me if I went against him.

I'm confused about the ongoing litigation and feel completely out of my depth and am sure to make some kind of procedural error… I suffer from extreme anxiety and make mistake when under duress...it is very nerve wracking, and I've been at this for several years and have an ulcer as a result… I am in constant pain and have no mental energy, having been worn down by repeated rubbish meted out by the court and my neighbour's lawyers.
    I had hoped that the court would grant a default judgement as the defendant had not acknowledged or sent a defence within the prescribed time limits. I should try and call them to check the status of my claim, I suppose.
    I am very grateful for all your advice. Thank you. D45
  • Baggies16
    Options
    Could anyone recommend a solicitor that is up to speed with the rules regarding a restriction K, I have spoken to 5 today and they are all shocked when I say there is no legal obligation to pay it and they have to notify them.
  • DAKOTA45
    Options
    Baggies16 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a solicitor that is up to speed with the rules regarding a restriction K, I have spoken to 5 today and they are all shocked when I say there is no legal obligation to pay it and they have to notify them.

The Holy Grail… D45
  • eggbox
    eggbox Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Sparklyfairy has just exchanged contracts using a Solicitor up to date with the limitations of a Form K Restriction. The Solicitor concerned has indicated he is happy to act for other people in a similar position.

So we're just awaiting the outcome of Sparkly's sale to ensure everything has been completed on her sale as required. Once that's been verified we will be able to pass on the relevant details to other people wishing to sell up.

What were the Solicitors you spoke to shocked at? The information you were providing or their, own, professional incompetence in not knowing the regulations for a Form K Restriction?
  • Baggies16
    Options
    They basically just stated that a form k restriction needs to be settled before completion, I explained regarding the debt being in a sole name and the title deeds in joint but they are all unsure.
  • eggbox
    Options
    They basically just stated that a form k restriction needs to be settled before completion, I explained regarding the debt being in a sole name and the title deeds in joint but they are all unsure.

Sounds about par for the course with many Solicitors.

As I've stated before, my daughter is a Solicitor (Family Law) but she will be the first to say she was shocked to discover just how clueless (and lazy) Solicitors there are operating in the legal system.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options

Surely a restriction means that the restriction has to be complied with. And then you have to look at what the restriction says.

The standard form K wording does not mention settlement. I can't understand why some solicitors find it so difficult to understand a simple sentence "...a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or their conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to...'
  • eggbox
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    Surely a restriction means that the restriction has to be complied with. And then you have to look at what the restriction says.

The standard form K wording does not mention settlement. I can't understand why some solicitors find it so difficult to understand a simple sentence "...a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or their conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to...'

It's called indoctrination....
  • DAKOTA45
    Options
    Hi Eggbox… I've now given up on default judgement.. I emailed the court this morning to see what was going on as they are giving me the silent treatment (again)…

Seems the defendant filed an acknowledged of the claim a week after I served it, more than a month ago! (Are they not required to serve that on me too?)

So.. the court making me jump through hoops re the certificate of service was just academic… why did they not inform me of the acknowledgement when I requested the default judgement instead of saying I'd not completed the cert of service… I thought they were against wasting time...duh!!:mad:

Not sure if I should provide a counter defence or just wait for the court's directions… D45
  • eggbox
    Options
    Hi Dakota

I wouldn't take the silent treatment from the Court personally, it happens all the time and usually reflects the calibre of people employed in the Court rather than the Court process itself?

But here is a quick guide to the reasons a strike out will occur.

As you will read, a strike out is seen as a last resort so as long as you can demonstrate you have a case there is no way it should occur.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback