PLEASE help me!!

Options
13»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I agree the OP should not simply cancel the credit agreement without first seeking recourse from the studio themselves. Why on earth he agreed to pay £495 for ten photos (or even 150!) is beyond me..

OP needs to write a letter of complaint to the studio detailing his lack of satisfaction and requesting a refund before doing anything...
  • sandy1267
    Options
    I am the mother of the OP and the purchaser of the experience l.
    My daughter has not explained fully that the whole day was a mash up from start to finish.
    The studio (on my ringing to book the appointment) told me she couldn't go unless I paid a further £25 refundable deposit ( on top of my full payment for the experience + 1 free photo + tea at the Hilton) to ensure she returned to view the images on another day, this has never been refunded despite my requests.
    I was asked by the studio to book her tea in myself for 3pm that day which I did, only to be told later by the studio that she would be viewing that day and they would not be finished by 3pm, the studio advised me to book it for 4pm, I explained at that time she had not been given the voucher by them, they promised to give it to her on viewing.
    I had to ring the studio THREE times to ask them to give her the voucher! When she left the studio she rang me to say she still did not have the voucher that the studio had said was in the package bag, they had also made her leave without the free print I had paid for.
    As I write on 27/11/2017 I still have not received either the refundable deposit nor the print.
    On viewing the CD, both my daughter and myself realised two of the images were the same, one was the one she had asked them NOT to include, another had not been photoshopped as requested, that leaves 7 prints when she'd agreed to 11 (one being photographers choice, accept that)
    As far as I can tell, she was not provided with the service purchased, (no tea voucher, no print) nor is the product fit for the purpose it was paid for (7 for the price of 11)
    I also feel that they have stolen £25 from me. I have contacted wowcher as they are who I personally contracted with, they simply passed the email onto said studio, wiping their hands, the studio state they have been fair?!
    Ruining a birthday, withholding money, withholding goods, handing someone half a product is not fair in my opinion.
    We are going to have to take these tiny thumbnail images to a professional to find out if they can even be printed without blurring or becoming pixelated due to the poor quality when zooming in on them.
    I think my daughter has been very reasonable in her promise (and would make an undertaking) not to use or distribute these images in any way, however the studio refuse to engage other than to offer other prints that she didn't choose because she didn't like them.
    I have also checked reviews on this company, many state "never again!" "Over priced" "the day was a mess" they also state many different prices charged per image, although £50 per image seems to be the average cost.
    The studio have contradicted themselves stating they'll send further images that cost a sum of money that doesn't match the £50 per image price.
    Is it unreasonable to ask for a smooth experience, the photo promised, the refunded deposit and the tea promised?
  • sandy1267
    Options
    I agree the OP should not simply cancel the credit agreement without first seeking recourse from the studio themselves. Why on earth he agreed to pay £495 for ten photos (or even 150!) is beyond me..

OP needs to write a letter of complaint to the studio detailing his lack of satisfaction and requesting a refund before doing anything...

We have. They skirt the issue and claim they have been fair.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,879 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    sandy1267 wrote: »
    I have also checked reviews on this company, many state "never again!" "Over priced" "the day was a mess" they also state many different prices charged per image, although £50 per image seems to be the average cost.
    The studio have contradicted themselves stating they'll send further images that cost a sum of money that doesn't match the £50 per image price.
    Is it unreasonable to ask for a smooth experience, the photo promised, the refunded deposit and the tea promised?

I`m sorry you've had such a rotten experience with these people.

Maybe with hindsight, it would of been preferable to of read the reviews before you booked them............maybe a salutary lesson for next time.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sandy1267
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    I`m sorry you've had such a rotten experience with these people.

Maybe with hindsight, it would of been preferable to of read the reviews before you booked them............maybe a salutary lesson for next time.

I certainly will, but this has also affected wowcher as I will never use them again either, not so much as an apology or offer to help resolve the problem.
    In fairness I'd never expect such a large concern to be so disorganised, tell so many different stories and to take so much money. We've both been fleeced, it's that simple
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure