MoneySaving Poll: Would you vote for English/Welsh/NI independence?

Options
Poll started 15 September 2014

Would you vote for English/Welsh/NI independence?

The Scottish referendum is here. Those resident in Scotland will decide whether the country should break away from the rest of the UK. So we wanted to run our own vote for the constituent countries of the UK using similar stark language as in the real referendum.Please select the option closest to your views.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I can't beleive that at this time there are 6% of Scots in this poll have said they will not be voting.
    That's like cutting your own tongue out and never having a voice again. :(
  • samanthani
    Options
    It might not be Scots who are planning to not vote, but non-Scottish people who live in Scotland.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    samanthani wrote: »
    It might not be Scots who are planning to not vote, but non-Scottish people who live in Scotland.

By definition if they are living in Scotland and eligable to vote in the referendum then they are Scots and thus should vote.

This is one vote that should have been made compusory, a decision like this can't be left with a minority of the population winning the vote.
  • happyinflorida
    Options
    I am amazed at the low number of people who wouldn't want independence if they could have it - gosh I would vote for independence. Can we have it with a new parliament - one that only has voted in members and gets a lower salary to show they are doing the job because they want to help people and no expenses to be claimed at all, like everyone else in the UK.
  • Phil127
    Options
    From the results of the MSE poll it would appear to me that the Scottish rush to break with the Union is absolute madness. With so many uncertainties the yes voters seem to walking blindly to disaster rather than Salmond's unproven vision of prosperity. I would have thought it important to put your parachute on before jumping out of the plane. Talk is one thing, delivering is a different matter altogether.
  • Phil127
    Options
    I am amazed at the low number of people who wouldn't want independence if they could have it - gosh I would vote for independence. Can we have it with a new parliament - one that only has voted in members and gets a lower salary to show they are doing the job because they want to help people and no expenses to be claimed at all, like everyone else in the UK.

Thousands of business people in the UK claim expenses. Unlike MPs, the expenses are only paid if they a connected with your job and supported by receipts. I doubt the boss would sign off an expense claim for a duck house. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure