No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries September 2017

Options

Comments

• xcarlyx
    xcarlyx Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So today I did a huge destash and ended up

TA
    1 x L'oreal Mat Matic Eyeliner - Broken
    1 x Natural Collection Lip Gloss Shade Fondant
    1 X 12 Eyeshadow palette
    1 x Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation
    61 x Nail Polishes
    1 x Constance Caroll eyeshadow in Green
    1 x 150ml Superdrug Chocolate Brownie dry shampoo - WNBA

Also UU
    1 x Natural Collection 150ml body spray in Strawberry
    1 x Shockwaves heat defence curl mousse 200ml
  • fixx
    fixx Posts: 792 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    xcarlyx wrote: »
    61 x Nail Polishes

Wow! Not at how many polishes you must have (or had) - I've got looooooooads; but how you could actually manage to get rid of 61?! I couldn't - I can only bear to do one or two at a time :o

A few quick ins for me on the way home - but essentials:
    3 x Sheer Blonde shampoo - in the millie mackintosh darker blonde version that now appears to be being discontinued. I looooove sheer blonde shampoos, and I'm almost out. These were reduced to £1.25, and then included in a 3 for 2 offer! So £2.50 for 3 sheer blonde shampoos, which are normally £5.99 each. Very happy :D
  • xcarlyx
    xcarlyx Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    fixx wrote: »
    Wow! Not at how many polishes you must have (or had) - I've got looooooooads; but how you could actually manage to get rid of 61?! I couldn't - I can only bear to do one or two at a time :o

A few quick ins for me on the way home - but essentials:
    3 x Sheer Blonde shampoo - in the millie mackintosh darker blonde version that now appears to be being discontinued. I looooove sheer blonde shampoos, and I'm almost out. These were reduced to £1.25, and then included in a 3 for 2 offer! So £2.50 for 3 sheer blonde shampoos, which are normally £5.99 each. Very happy :D

I had around 300 + a few years back, I got rid of a variation old ones that I wouldn't use again and some greens & yellows.

I'm a care assistant so I cant have my nails painted for work, but I have kept the expensive ones such as OPI and leighton denny.

I have tried donating part used ones to care homes etc in the past but nowhere wants them LOL :)
  • sunny_money
    Options
    UU
    Peter Thomas Roth - mini conditioner - 22ml.

I have actually run out of a few things now! I would have Never run out of anything before joining this thread - it's working!
  • wondercollie
    Options
    TA:
    Herbacin Kamille hand cream 20ml tin. Replaced with the same. It had gone waxy and wasn't melting in. But in all honesty, it's been hiding in the bottom of a work bag and who knows how long it's been in there? Well, at least 18 months.

I have a problem with hand creams. I get them as presents from my kids at Christmas and birthdays and just because. They know my hands are wrecked from work and winter. Autumn has started and my skin is starting to dry out and feel papery. It's bad I have two at my bed side, one in my knitting bag, one in my going out back and one in my work bag.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have some uu

Glamglow Thirstymud Mask 30g
    - this came as part of a half price set making it amazing value, this stuff smells gorgeous like coconut cream pie. WBA.

Westlab Himalayan Detoxifying Salts 1kg - these don't seem to dissolve easily like the epsom salts so WNBA for that reason.

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Orange & Mint 200ml
    - WNBA, there is no natural orange and mint in the ingredients so just a synthetic fragrance so WNB for that reason but would buy the original version.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well I tried the Clinique TTDO Balm last night and it stung my skin :(
  • Magpied
    Magpied Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 September 2017 at 7:52PM
    Options
    Hi all, returning MSEr... need to de-stash due to upcoming arrival(!) over Christmas...
    Cancelled my Birchbox subscription last month - far too many products i will never use, and too many of the same thing too.... a lot of the sealed stuff will be heading towards the food bank trolley!

Am trying to use up as much of the strongly scented bath stuff i have before baby arrives - I don't want to smell unfamiliar and i doubt i'll be having time to have long baths!

Lush Intergalatic bath bomb - made the water very pretty, and their finer shimmery particles don't seem to irritate my skin as much as the old style glitter they used to use. Strong minty scent. WBA

Bomb Cosmetics Fizz Bang Pop bath blaster - scent wasn't great so WNBA. Also had to pick off scratchy metal glitter stars before using...

John Frieda Conditioner from a hair dye - nothing special WNB
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2017 UU 6
    2017 declutter 32/2017 Roadkill £1.06 Wombling free/ Ys savings 2017 £320.89 2016 @ £141.25 Craft Stash 3
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2017 at 8:22PM
    Options
    2 OUTS - well GAs - to a friend when I went out for tea to theirs - 2 BS products - butter and scrub.
    2 down plenty more to go! :o

On another matter but still MSE I bought a couple of tops that were half price in the sale. I had coveted this style for so long that when I saw it on sale I bought it in several colours but each top was still a significant amount of amount, more than a days wage (so as I bought 3 that's almost a week's work). :o Anyway decided that the size I'd ordered was too big, it was at it was too wide across my hips. So sent one back for the next size down, which fits as it should but on taking it off managed to make a hole in the underarm. :o
    It was maybe when I put my arm up get it over my head but definitely wasn't rough with it. So my dilema is do I return it to ask for a refund? Don't think I want to get the next size up. Or if they offered a partial discount I would probably repair it. But the price it is I feel it's not worth the price and don't want to keep it. Any ideas? Bearing in mind I never buy anything new for myself and have now bought three that I feel it's not very MSE but it's a small company and I'm feeling rather bad about buying as many and justifying keeping them.
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 September 2017 at 8:01AM
    Options
    One UU this morning:

Lush Rose Jam shower gel 250g WDBA. I love this. It's such a great scent. This is probably the only thing I'm going to buy from Lush this Christmas. I've not bought anything from them in months :o

And three INs from yesterday:

The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% 30ml
    The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 30ml
    The Ordinary “Buffet” 30ml

So excited to try these products. I'm going to finish some open products first before I start on these :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure