PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10 October 2016

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Just done another hours fence painting, got a section of the 8ft high bottom fence done, another section and a half to go so hopefully finish tomorrow night.
    Dh has just taken dss1 to pick a missed parcel up, I'm doing tea then going to read. I've almost finished another book so can give it my mum next week.

night all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Sorry for being awol again, this week is turning out worse then last...so I'm not posting as nothing positive to add. Burst into tears at DS pre-school this afternoon, it was the straw that broke my back today when they wanted a 'chat' about his behaviour. Feeling lonely and sad.

My thoughts are with CYs family xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry for being awol again, this week is turning out worse then last...so I'm not posting as nothing positive to add. Burst into tears at DS pre-school this afternoon, it was the straw that broke my back today when they wanted a 'chat' about his behaviour. Feeling lonely and sad.

My thoughts are with CYs family xx

Sorry you had a bad day, you can't be lonely as we are all with you in spirit.

Best thoughts to CY's family, and well done for 'representing' us Jazee. I iwll be at work and tbh it is a bit of a trek from me.

Got pretty much most of my list done; another report done and emailed. Good meeting with manager about 'difficult' report so although I may not finish it tomorrow, there isn't much to do and I feel more confident about it.
    Piled clothes etc on the bed and Mr N very kindly packed for me so I could keep working.
    Dancing had to be abandoned as I didn't get home from uni till late (another difficult report to write next week) and I had too much to do.

However all that is left is for me to do some church flowers tomorrow, load up the car and any leftover time will go to a quick check of bins, fridge etc and picking up any windfall apples. Oh yes, and move my squashes from the deck to somewhere indoors in case of rain.

Fingers crossed tomorrow's assessment is a straightforward one so I can make a quick getaway to showery Wales (apparently).
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jazee I won't be able to go tomorrow. I will be thinking of CY and family. I need to be here for DS2.

Mr T visited. 2 Presents purchased for the December festival.
    Freezer partially stocked. I haven't worked out all the ideal settings yet. In the old days you just plugged a FF in and turned a dial and bob's your uncle you could then forget about it.

Prescriptions collected
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone

Fantastic news Mrs MP - well done :T
    Lots of virtual big squishy hugs ATB - you're not alone

The horsepital phoned today and I have an appointment to have my cataract done on Wednesday 2nd Nov. Not really looking forward to it, though it is getting annoying now. It's becoming a bit dangerous on walking, especially steps, as seems to have affected my perceptions of distance.

Bit of a nuisance really and, because it's genetic and not age-related, there's a good chance the other one will need doing in the next couple or so years. Oh well :o

Magical Monday - Barnacled Bathroom and Sociable Study/Pc Area
    Clean baths, toilets and sinks
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom..

Tantalising Tuesday ~ Masterful Master Bedroom
    Extra tasks list:
    Put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!

Tantalising Thursday ~ Kooking Kitchen and Dancing Dining Room
    Sort fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there!
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Descale kettle and iron
    Extra Mission...
    Get in that food cupboard. Give it all a GOOD scrub out before placing the things you need to use soon at the front. Check dates and freshness on older things, and See if you can incorporate these into next weeks meal plan! Feel free to get carried away and do more cupboards!!!

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    Options
    Super squashy lubbly hugs for you ATB. You sound like you've had enough of all the carp and I'm sorry that things are rough for you at the moment. I think you and I have a similar thing going on with our littlies, so you have my utmost virtual support my lovely :heart2:

I can't get to York today, but will be thinking of CY's family. Thanks Jazee for representing the flyladies xxx

Good news about your cataract appointment Lynne. I realise you're not looking forward to it, but...

Completely exhausted after a rubbish night, so just pottering today and will visit DH's aunt with her birthday card too.

Have a good day ladies x
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Hugs and coping vibes for all
    Will be thinking of cys friends and family today.
    Lynne I can understand you not looking forward to the cataract op so just instead concentrate on the benefits of better vision afterwards.
    ATB sorry things are so hard and the mo and you are finding it difficult, we are all with you in spirit and are here for you.

Busy all day today, after work I'll pull fence painting in if I can but I want to take a bottle of wine round to a friends who's partner is quite poorly in hospital. Then I've got ds2s college open evening. My sis wants to ring me it was supposed to happen last night but waited till 9.30 then got a text to say she's had visitors so it was too late to talk. I've texted to say I'll be out for a good portion of toninght so will see what happens- we will catch up eventually.
    Will catch up with the lists tomorrow as I've only got normal shift then so should be able to clear the decks in time for half term

Have a good day all.
    Specials coping vibes to all cys friends and family
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

2xwm done
    Bathroom s&s done
    Kitchen s&s done
    Swimming bag packed. Off to a fake spa for a couple of hours with other best f

Hope you op goes well Lynne. X

LW feeling better vibes on there way to you with a couple of spare spoons. X

ATB hope you have a better day today. I have had my share of phone calls about my boys' behaviour so I feel for you.

Mrs MP well done with doing so much X
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Thanks for the virtual cuddles ladies - you have brought a tear to my eye and made me feel very loved. I promise to buck my ideas up very soon xx

Lynne - my aunty recently had a cataract op and she tells me the anticipation of it was far worse than the operation itself, she said if she'd have known what it was going to be like she wouldnt have worried at all xx

Have lovely days all, and thank you again you are all lovely xxx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    The horsepital phoned today and I have an appointment to have my cataract done on Wednesday 2nd Nov. Not really looking forward to it, though it is getting annoying now.

I can only echo what other people said; my mum and MIL have both had theirs done and Mr N had one done - none of them had any problems and pretty mild discomfort for a day or so. Working out the regime for the eye drops was the biggest hassle, especially with MIL as she isn't good at remembering things.

Woke up to pouring rain which was rather alarming as I had church flowers to do. Luckily it stopped, although I got pretty wet picking things - I've been holding off pruning the yellow clematis as it has lots of lovely fluffy (soggy now) seed heads which I thought would be good for my arrangement. Anyway that's all done; I put my very small (ranging from golf ball to orange size) pumpkins with the arrangement on the windowsill as I'm not exactly going to dine well on them.
    - Sent/left messages to other flower ladies and cleaner to let them know what I've done.
    - Posted a letter.
    - One load through DW.
    - Car loaded up to go away.
    - Milk out of freezer so we'll have some to come back to.
    - :coffee: in hand then it's a quick rush round the house to pick up/tidy anything crucial, then lunch, change and uni. I'm sure they have shops in South Wales if I've forgotten anything, it's only 3 days for goodness sakes.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure