What to put in homemade christmas crackers

Options

Comments

• franklee
    franklee Posts: 3,867 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One year I purchased a large bag of modelling balloons, split them up and put some in each cracker. I took along a balloon pump too and we each made our own balloon hats to wear.
  • hansaplatz
    Options
    I made some homemade crackers last year for a meal with friends. It was quite tricky to find things that fit inside crackers with looking online since not everywhere has dimensions listed or can tell you if you ask. Even so I did fairly well looking for cheap items on ebay (I think a lot were from China, took many weeks to arrive, so worth bearing in mind to plan ahead if you do the same) and also searching pound shops for multipack items I could split up.

The kind of items I got were:
    - little eggs you water that hatch into dinosaurs (but they did take about half a day or more to hatch, not instant like some expected).
    - paracord bracelet
    - foldable bag. Got a nice one that folded into a cute Nemo like fish, but that only just squeezed into a cracker
    - cute silicone cords with wire inside to wrap up power/usb cables
    - silicone stretchy things for fixing mobile phone/bottle/torch to bikes
    - reusable silicone teabag
    - mini facepaint kits
    - mini harmonica
    - badges
    - stamp pens (felt pen one end and stamp on other)
  • Autumnella
    Options
    I get a pack of shopkins and put them into crackers for the kids x
    Make £10 per day-
    June: £100/£300
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I bought several trolley coins from a charity one year and put those in for each adult
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Bit late as I've only just seen this thread, but I would like to add what I did this past Christmas. I put in scratchcards and small fun character (The Simpsons) memory sticks that I got from Office Outlet (formerly Staples). If I'd had more time I'd have made my own paper hats too.
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • justinn007
    Options
    Depending how many adults you have can get 6-12 personalised wine charm for a couple of pounds on ebay x
  • Murphybear
    Options
    I have recently bought 3 sets of earrings from Amazon. The list price was 1p plus small amount of postage :rotfl:

They come from far eastern countries and take 2 - 3 weeks to arrive. They were surprisingly good, I've had lots of compliments.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stimpy27 wrote: »
    Depending how many adults you have can get 6-12 personalised wine charm for a couple of pounds on ebay x
    justinn007 wrote: »

why copy and paste from 5 years ago?
  • Rosiemurphy
    Options
    I think Scratch cards are a great idea even though I always seem to end up with a losing one! :D
  • Nightowl
    Nightowl Posts: 234 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2018 at 3:35PM
    Options
    I would suggest really good chocolates like Hotel chocolat or Lindt. Nothing worse than pulling a cracker to get something that is of no use to you (and litters the carpet). Most people appreciate good chocolate. Different flavours so there is still a surprise element about it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback