Credit Reports - Yearly Fees

Options
Hi,

Just wondering if people think its worth paying the £49.99 to 'join' creditexpert for a year or not?

Comments

• file_wizzard
    Options
    mne2 wrote:
    Hi,

Just wondering if people think its worth paying the £49.99 to 'join' creditexpert for a year or not?
    Depends what level of activity you plan to have on your file, if it is just normal account reporting then the £2 every 3 - 6 months is fine.

However if you are going through the process of changing incorrect entry’s or feel that you may be at a high risk of identity fraud then it is a useful service

Quite whether it is worth £49.99 is another matter ! , probably not
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
  • mne2
    mne2 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    So the £2 report is in depth enough to ensure there is nothing on there that shouldn't be and to check the status of all accounts (I had the free trial of experian but it expired) ? I assume it doesn't give you a credit score either ?

Thanks
  • file_wizzard
    Options
    mne2 wrote:
    So the £2 report is in depth enough to ensure there is nothing on there that shouldn't be and to check the status of all accounts (I had the free trial of experian but it expired) ? I assume it doesn't give you a credit score either ?

Thanks
    The £2 one is more than good enough and contains all the data that is in the £49.99 one

no there is no "credit Score" but in fairness these are not a true indication of how likely you are to obtain credit as the assessment process is specific to each lender anyway.
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
  • mne2
    mne2 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    The £2 one is more than good enough and contains all the data that is in the £49.99 one

no there is no "credit Score" but in fairness these are not a true indication of how likely you are to obtain credit as the assessment process is specific to each lender anyway.

Thanks very much for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport