PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Locked out of digital safe

Options
Help! The batteries have died on my digital safe and the keys are inside (I know!) I have looked at vids on YouTube but none of the advice works. Cutting it open would probably be the only solution, does anyone know approx charge for this?

Comments

• helcat26
    helcat26 Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    you can sometimes take the touchpad off and there is a means of resetting it.
    have you thought of ringing the manufacturer?
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 October 2016 at 4:02PM
    Options
    helcat26 wrote: »
    have you thought of ringing the manufacturer?
    Their phone number's inside the safe!

But, seriously, the battery cover's usually accessible from the front of the safe so that you can change them.
  • TheMsTeal
    TheMsTeal Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks for reply but battery pad is inside safe - I had to change them a while ago. I will
    call around a few locksmiths next week. The safe is quite a few years old no manufacture label on outside. Thanks anyway.
  • Badrick
    Badrick Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 October 2016 at 7:33PM
    Options
    If it's one of the cheaper safes, they'll open with a good downward blow to the case above door whilst simultaneously lightly turning the handle to open.
    You may need to hit with a piece of wood or similar to get enough force to bounce the spring mechanism.

I've been opening mine this way for ages since the batteries died. :o
    Dunno how they could call it a "safe".
    Mark Steyn has stated, "In the UK, everything is policed except crime."
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had to cut one open when brother locked passports inside, angle grinder did it in about 5 mins.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had to have our hotel safe drilled a couple of weeks back when it went wrong. Took 2 men 90 minutes and 3 drill bits to get in.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• TheMsTeal
    TheMsTeal Posts: 331 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks will give this a go.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    My outlaws did this with their safe, but a local locksmith managed to get it open, only cost £20, considering the deeds for the house, insurances etc were in there it was worth the price. They even had a new lock put on it
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills