PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

on track for a good month

Options
Hi Guys ..
you might remember that I was on at the beginning of the month complaining about my OH and his wastefulness .. well after all your advice I have started to change his ways (still working on baths but down to one every other day) ..

I have decanted the cerial (cheaper brands) into tubs, I have been sticking to one big shop a week and if something isn't there he either does without or gets it himself and in general meal planning and getting back to my old style ways ..

at the weekend I made a big batch of cinnabons as the kids love them and I had all the ingredients bar cream cheese (sent oh and made him buy own brand and not philly) .. kids loved it and I had enough to freeze for at least 3 more weekends ;) .. In the past I would have just paid £3 for one at Tesco .. yay.

I also made home made tiffin cake for them to snack on, milkshakes using some easter chocs and ice cream that had been in the freezer a while (kids loved these and gotta say they did look impressive) and some mini loaf cakes for work baits ..

best thing is OH even said this weekend that hes loving the meal planning and checking the meal list on the fridge and all the goodies we have in .. near enough all home made with stuff I already had or value branded put in the barrel or tubs :)

so just want to say thanks guys .. now all I need is a loss on the scales tomorrow and ill be one happy pup ..

Lisa
DFW
January £0/£11,100

NSD
January 1/31

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done Lisa. Glad OH is getting on board.

I think my DH quite likes knowing what he's going to have each meal even if it gets changed occasionally like breakfast this morning!

Denise
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's a grand feeling when it all starts coming together, isn't it?

Well done on your achievements; and well done getting your DH on side, and on your creativeness with treats for the twins.

Decanting into tubs is a good idea - I find often tubs are easier to handle than opened packets, in any case. :o

Keep up the good work. :T
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Denise ... I did think he would hate it at first but with the way things were going and the fact that I work late with one of my jobs I knew it made sense ;) im chuffed hes loving it lol
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks LW .. yeah they all thought there christmasses had come at once and the boys were chuffed as I used the apron and matching recipie book they had bought me for mothers day :)
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business