DRO to freedom

Options
So, I'm starting this diary to keep a tab on my DRO. We just need to pay the fee and wait for approval. We are paying on Wednesday.

On another note we are homeless right now, and struggling to find somewhere to live.

The only good thing is our son is so little he won't remember this time!

He's our motivation to get ourselves sorted out.

PW x
SPC = 079

Comments

• ada-or-ardor
    ada-or-ardor Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh welcome! I really hope you find somewhere to live soon! Good luck on your journey :-)

Ada
  • Pinkwhisk
    Pinkwhisk Posts: 200 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you Ada!
    SPC = 079
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Just stopped by to offer some support - sounds like you're doing everything you can to get yourself and your little guy back in a home and on the straight and narrow.

Are you receiving enough support from your local council?

All the best in your journey, and this place is full of support and guidance from people who have been through some of the toughest experiences and come out the other side (or are at least on their way to the other side!).
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    Hello JoJoC,

Thank you very much - the council are being as helpful as can be really!

Yes luckily I do have a partner so I'm not by myself which is good.

Thank you, I'm looking at others journeys to help me!
    SPC = 079
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    So, I'm looking into ways of controlling our money. I'm going to use a pre paid debit card so that once that moneys gone its gone.

Also looking at a holiday next year possibly so we have something to look forward too it would be in the UK.

My OH is 30 in a fe years and I'd love to go abroad together then - we've never been abroad before!

I just want to pay the fees now - only 3 days to go!

Xx
    SPC = 079
  • dionysia
    dionysia Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck! So sorry to hear about this difficult situation but hopefully this is the bottom and now you're dealing with things it will be onwards and upwards!
    June 2017: owe £16,818.
    June 2018: owe £13,263.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi and welcome,
    you are doing the right thing and on this forum we are all here to help and support each other.
    Keep pushing the local council, you have a little one so you are a priority case
    Pester power works!
    If you need any info or advice just post up what you need, someone on here will know
    All the very best of luck to you and yours
    Will follow your progress and look forward to your updates
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 June 2017 at 5:29PM
    Options
    I hope you find a new home very, very soon pinkwhisk. Once your DRO is in place you will be able to start planning your new life together.

Stay with the DFW folks. The are wonderfully supportive and will encourage you all the way.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Pinkwhisk
    Options
    Hi, thank you all for your comments! Its difficult right now to save and plan a future as we don't know how much money we will need for moving or when we will be moving!

This is without a doubt rock bottom - I can't wait to get out! I would also like another child, but obviously right now we can't!

Onwards and upwards !

PW xx
    SPC = 079
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,504 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Then is it an idea to get your accommodation sorted first, then do the DRO.

If you're renting in the private sector you will need one month's rent as a deposit and one month rent in advance, unless you can get a bond or similar from your local council.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure