Hen party game prizes on a budget

Options
Jcem
Jcem Posts: 4 Newbie
I have been planning my best friends hen party over the past few months and everything is coming together nicely.

There are a few games planned which would make them a bit more fun if there were prizes I could give out to the winners.

I initially thought of miniature bottles of wine or some kind of alcohol, but everyone already has alcohol in their goodie bags and we will also be drinking quite a bit of fizz through out the day, so I don't really want people to be completely out of it before we even get to the night time activities. I have been trying to think what other possible prizes I could give but the only ones I can think of are gift vouchers which means an extra cost to me of between £50-£100.

Has anyone any helpful ideas of what sort of prizes I could give without it costing me too much money? The group are a mixture of ages so would need to suit the variety. Nothing rude.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do a lucky dip box for the winners. Get to your local cheapie shop (pound shop/home bargains) and get some tat prizes, you know really funny ones like kids toys, bubbles, coasters, sweets etc) and wrap them up - they can always swap with someone if they don't like it.

The one thing that makes me cringe about hen parties is penis shaped everything, so something a little more normal might be appreciated.
  • Jcem
    Jcem Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    DomRavioli wrote: »
    Do a lucky dip box for the winners. Get to your local cheapie shop (pound shop/home bargains) and get some tat prizes, you know really funny ones like kids toys, bubbles, coasters, sweets etc) and wrap them up - they can always swap with someone if they don't like it.

The one thing that makes me cringe about hen parties is penis shaped everything, so something a little more normal might be appreciated.

What a fantastic idea!! Thank you so much!! :happyhear
    Yes, that's been 1 thing I have noticed... everything you look up with reference to Hen parties is all penis items, so annoying!
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jcem wrote: »
    What a fantastic idea!! Thank you so much!! :happyhear
    Yes, that's been 1 thing I have noticed... everything you look up with reference to Hen parties is all penis items, so annoying!

Deffo! So nice to find someone who finds it weird.

Think kids party - everyone enjoys a kazoo and a bag of haribo, especially if they're a bit merry.
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Call into a department store or two and boots and see if they have any nice perfume or makeup samples. I like the cheap shop idea too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure