Fell off the wagon:(

Options

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    Lynzpower - have you tried Freecycle for a filing cabinet - there was loads going on mine a while ago. I was lucky enough to get one free from OH's dad. Invaluable!

Catt xx
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    jamie hug.gif you have had a hard few months so the slip is understandable, great to see you are starting to get back on the wagon, it will prob take time but welcome back onto the wagon... and do go falling off again :rotfl:
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PAP - thanks for the hug hun:) yep....i feel back on it now!! Just read your sig, did you have a fall off too? I guess sometimes some of us dfw oldtimers will slip, i spose its inevitable. what counts is we climb back on and start again:)

oooh edited to say i am feeling better as the day goes on, reading all the threads i missed out on and feeling inspired once again:)
    November NSD's - 7
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Jamie I just popped in from the garden to check my emails and sort of drifted on here..like we do :D so just a quickie for now! Flamin cars we've had the same prob right after chrimbo but can't be without it cos of the boys so have forked out £400 nearly now and its still not right..We live in the dodgy petrol zone and its our lamba sensor thats playing up so my alarm bells are ringing loudly now :eek:That said we actually paid up front for the repairs which this time last year would not have happened :D
    Lets all start afresh from this month and climb back on the wagon,the weathers trying to brighten up which is always a boost (wait for the hurricanes now I've said that!!!) and make a point of coming on here more regularly so we don't get into our naughty old ways again (says she waiting on her third amazon delivery this month...:whistle: )
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    D&DD wrote:
    Lets all start afresh from this month and climb back on the wagon,the weathers trying to brighten up which is always a boost (wait for the hurricanes now I've said that!!!) and make a point of coming on here more regularly so we don't get into our naughty old ways again (says she waiting on her third amazon delivery this month...:whistle: )

lol @ D@DD :rotfl: Amazon is my downfall too!
    November NSD's - 7
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    PAP - thanks for the hug hun:) yep....i feel back on it now!! Just read your sig, did you have a fall off too? I guess sometimes some of us dfw oldtimers will slip, i spose its inevitable. what counts is we climb back on and start again:)

oooh edited to say i am feeling better as the day goes on, reading all the threads i missed out on and feeling inspired once again:)

yep jamie you arnt alone... my slip was the last week in january :whistle: but i wised up and confessed on here... now it will all be payed within 5 months :) yep definalty all of the oldtimers will do it as our journey is plodding along and we arnt making the big steps we did when we first came here... we will all get there though and yes get back on hun

*plumps up a cushion for jamie*
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,574 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hiya Jamie
    As you say you can only go back up now.
    Think Jan/Feb are really hard months.
    Anyway take care
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • itsarichmansworld
    Options
    Hi Jamie welcome back you'll be back ontrack no time!
    Isn't the knowledge that comes from experience more valuable than the knowledge that doesn't?
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    Morning all:)

got the paperwork out last night and had a good sort out. i owe about 500 quid more than i did at beginning of january....probably all on crap!

this morning i made a small mushroom soup up from leftover mushs in the fridge, so that will do me and DD for lunch. I wont be spending anything today so im happy to report my first NSD of the four i have planned for this week up til friday:)

i have also made a loaf in the BM which saves buying one:) its amazing how you can live on very little when you really have to lol

will be whipping up a chilli tonight for my tea and will probably stretch to my lunches for the next few days as well and a portion for the freezer:)

i am determined to survive on the £13 quid for the week!!!

i think that this blip will have sent back my DFD by another two months:( oh well, you live and learn!!! roll on september i say, as that should be my dfd.
    November NSD's - 7
  • savingforoz
    savingforoz Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs to you Jamiedodger, sorry you've had a bit of a blip but glad to hear you're climbing back on the wagon :T !
    Life is not a dress rehearsal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport