Allowed to advertise my own competition?

Options
Hello compers. I'm a postgrad student doing a research project where I'm looking to see if it's possible to tell if people are drunk from the way they are using their mobile phone. The idea is that in future your phone could know that you're drunk and be able to warn you not to drunk text your ex (amongst other things!).

I've built an app which I need volunteers to download and keep installed on their phone for about 4 weeks. The study ends on 5th August so people need to sign up by about 2nd July. The app gathers some data from your phone (GPS and other sensor readings) and asks users to respond to a really quick survey once every few days. The survey is about whether they had any alcohol during a certain time period.

The reason I'm asking here is because there will be a prize draw for two people to each win a £20 Amazon voucher at the end of the study so I'm hoping people here might be willing to take part?

I know the prize isn't huge and it's not your typical competition, but I just wanted to check if it's ok to post it here given that it's something I'm running myself and it's not so much a competition as it is research.

If it's ok and not against the rules then I'll make a post with all the details on the main board. Thanks!

Comments

• mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Self promotion isn't allowed.

Someone will come along with the rule :)
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh darn. That's disappointing. It's so hard to get volunteers and I'm not allowed to have only my family and friends.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you're a Forumite and want to post a survey on our Forum, eg a student looking for help with your studies you can post it, once only, on our Surveys board.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=255

We regularly receive requests to post surveys on our forum, often from students looking for help with their studies. We'd like to help, especially if the subject's a MoneySaving one. So, if you're an ordinary forum user and have a survey you'd like to post this is the place to do it. Please post it once only though and remember, our usual Forum Rules apply.

Journalists must still contact MSE first to ask.

MoneySavers, if you'd like to help others with their surveys please do, but remember the links have not been checked out by MSE and you're clicking them at your own risk.

Please report posts you feel break our rules by clicking the report button in the bottom right corner of the post as usual.

Not sure as it involves a download though
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's great thanks, will take a look at the survey board and try and work out if it's ok there. :)
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    Options
    jd87 wrote: »
    Oh darn. That's disappointing. It's so hard to get volunteers and I'm not allowed to have only my family and friends.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know.

There are quite a few Facebook groups for survey websites/apps that may be happy to do it?

It's an interesting concept. I'm not sure I'd be much help.....I don't drink, but I probably often type (and hold/drop my phone etc.) like I'm drunk, due to arthritis and/or tiredness haha :D

Good Luck :)
  • garynumanfan
    garynumanfan Posts: 528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a competition site..contact me and ill see what you want to post..sounds ok to me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure