DMP help

Options
kittykat28 wrote: »
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can help?
I started a DMP with Payplan in 2004 for debts totalling £19.6k. I have paid them since then and was told my repayment plan would probably clear the debts in 2012. As of today the current balance still outstanding is £3347.51 even though to date I have paid £20.8k. I have been told by Payplan that this is due to interest and charges by some of my creditors. (One creditor the debt was originally £440.15 but according to them I still owe them £445.64!!)
My question is - does anyone know if either the creditors or Payplan needed to provide me with details of exactly what interest and charges I was actually being charged? I have never had any paperwork from any of them since the debt was put in management.
I have sent CCA letters to all of my creditors but most are with collection agencies and all but 5 can't provide the paperwork. The ones who have haven't provided any details of the charges just a balance and payments I have made (most seem to be from 2012 and not before) and Lloyds didn't even reply to the letter and have now just passed the £1k debt they say I owe on to Lowells who have said they will take me to court. (According to what the debt was and what i have paid this £1k is all charges and interest as the original debt would have been paid)
I have no problem with clearing the debts I accumulated (which in reality I have) but Im finding it very soul destroying to have to pay another £3k out which I have no idea what it is for or how it has been calculated.
Any help or advice regarding this would be greatly welcomed!!!!

Hello I'm curious to know as I'm in a very similar debt situation owing 36k, is your debt from credit cards? what was the monthly payment you arrived at with DMP? did any of your creditors agree to the frozen interest?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport