PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

refridgerating cooked chicken

Options
I'm sorry if this question has been asked before (have done a search but can’t find anything) we cooked a full chicken yesterday and after me and Oh and 2 kids (4 yr old and 18mnth old) stuffed our faces, we've still got quite alot left. I put it in the fridge yesterday and I’ve just cooked up the kids a cheats version of Chicken biryani (curried chicken and rice in one pot), hoping to have some sarnies later But will the remaining chicken be OK to eat tomorrow? it will have been in the fridge for 2 days? I'm never quite sure how long u can keep cooked refrigerated meat. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Toxic_Lemon
    Options
    Yes, it will be fine to eat tomorrow. :)
    TL
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I work on the general rule of thumb that cooked food will be ok for three days in the fridge, anyhting remaining after that I throw away.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure