Appeal to Mag Daily compers PLEASE READ POST 5

Options

Comments

• Surfermom
    Surfermom Posts: 1,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I'm another one who uses the list every day and am very grateful for it. I tend not to thank the individual posts on the main board as I just skip them and go to the list.

I do appreciate everyone who posts them in whatever form though:T
  • brownhandbag
    brownhandbag Posts: 1,856 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    bugzie92 wrote: »
    I just don't understand why one needs to go to the trouble of posting individual comps

thats my 2 pence :)

We should have all comps posted first on the main board. Any other correlated lists etc are a bonus and extra for users who wish this.

Some people would not regularly enter mag dailies, but then see a comp on the main board they are really interested in. Main board makes sure everyone gets the chance to choose to enter or not.
    total wins 2013 £5500 2014 £7500 2015 £23,900 2016 £10,650 2017 £13,040 2018 £10,620 2019 £10,115 2020 £3970.00
    ITV Winners Club Member #131
  • xLuckyxAshxWinsx
    xLuckyxAshxWinsx Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I post some of the Mag Dailies as well as enter them. I do not use the front page but I use the links from the end of the thread (i.e the ones that me, firefly and jambo add) to set up new bookmarks for a new comp. I do this because I am rarely up to date on the main board.
  • bugzie92
    bugzie92 Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    I do see your point but then again no one posts every clicktowin competition.
    May total - £1435
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bugzie92 wrote: »
    I do see your point but then again no one posts every clicktowin competition.

there was a poll regading the CTW's with a big no to
    them being posted,

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5015979&highlight=don+post+click+to+wins

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=66015449&posted=1#post66015449
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Options
    :think:
    perhaps a new poll asking if peeps/members want
    the daily mags posted each time a new prize is on
    as opposed to the other poll which asked which
    you comp from front page or posted threads,
    maybe it would give a wider range to see if peeps
    are in favour or not to having them posted on the
    main board with the questions something
    like B*C's straightforward poll
    yes or no ?
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Options
    I tend to agree bugzie. I myself have always done them from my own bookmarks.
    The number of magazines and number of comps has grown so much since I started doing them years ago.

Having done the mags daily page for 5 weeks now it does seem as if I am just duplicating the work of the main board posters and I have to wonder how many people actually comp from my lists.

Maybe it is time to just have a front page with a link to each of the main magazine pages so that new ( and existing) compers can find them. Most regular compers know about the mag daily comps but new compers will need a link.

It would be similar to the C2W list - individual comps have never been posted there. I could still maintain the list as mags come and go

If they wish to continue then main board posters could still post the comps and answers for those who like them posted and link them to the end of the thread. They will just not exist as a full list.

Will continue as is for the moment. Maybe a poll is needed. Can anyone point me to how to set one up?

I've put a poll on for peeps to vote yes or no to voting
    if they want the mag dailies still posting on main board
    or a list similar to the CTW's,
    Poll: Poll to see if peeps/members still want mag dailies posted on main board
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5651465

hopefully will help to get an idea if they are still wanted or not.

• xLuckyxAshxWinsx
    xLuckyxAshxWinsx Posts: 3,416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I personally still would like them posted on the main board as I then either tick or cross them and know what I have entered. Sometimes it doesn't take much to confuse me and I have missed them in the thread and only discovered them again on the main board.

Obviously this is just my personal opinion and if the votes end up against posting then so be it, if I miss one i'll just have to lump it lol
  • bees**knees
    bees**knees Posts: 2,168 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2017 at 9:47PM
    Options
    I dont think there is any question that they should be posted on the main board - that way everyone has the opportunity to see the prizes and decide to enter even if they dont do the mag dailies on a regular basis

I was asking whether it is necessary to duplicate each comp on a further list in the regular competitions section or whether it would be enough to run a list of the magazines and their main comp pages there along with the linked comps from the main board.

Its simply a problem of time and effort since there are now so many mag comps.

I am quite happy to continue as it is through the summer but will have to pass it on to someone else in September as I am abroad for a few months.
    If someone is keen to give it a go on their own then that is good but it has been difficult to get a volunteer - it does involve quite a lot of time.
    If not then we will have decide how to move on.

I hope I havent upset people by raising the issue - Ive always been grateful for the posters of any competitions and the time they give to the board.
  • fire**fly
    Options
    I dont think there is any question that they should be posted on the main board - that way everyone has the opportunity to see the prizes and decide to enter even if they dont do the mag dailies on a regular basis

I was asking whether it is necessary to duplicate each comp on a further list in the regular competitions section or whether it would be enough to run a list of the magazines and their comp pages there along with the linked comps from the main board.

Its simply a problem of time and effort since there are now so many mag comps.

I am quite happy to continue as it is through the summer but will have to pass it on to someone else in September as I am abroad for a few months.
    If someone is keen to give it a go on their own then that is good but it has been difficult to get a volunteer - it does involve quite a lot of time.
    If not then we will have decide how to move on.

I hope I havent upset people by raising the issue - Ive always been grateful for the posters of any competitions and the time they give to the board.

i'm just very interested in how the vote goes as we've always
    had the mag dailies posted on main & then
    linked to the sub board
    but am happy to go with whatever the outcome is,
    I doubt though anything will be done re the votes
    on the poll
    but it's interesting seeing how things go.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure