MoneySaving Poll: Is your energy company's service any good?

Options
Poll started 22 Apr 2014

Energy firms are the current pantomime villains of the business world, with a "boo, hiss" at their very name. Yet is this deserved? How does yours treat you? Every six months we ask...

Would you recommend your energy firm to others??

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click this

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    And, what do you know. Within 2 hours of the poll starting, Utility Warehouse is getting superb results. Same as every other time there's been a poll that's included them.

Of course, that has nothing to do with their "distributors" having a vested interest in making them look good, I'm sure.
  • Bennyg82
    Bennyg82 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    And, what do you know. Within 2 hours of the poll starting, Utility Warehouse is getting superb results. Same as every other time there's been a poll that's included them.

Of course, that has nothing to do with their "distributors" having a vested interest in making them look good, I'm sure.

Hi Bill,

Whilst I agree that the as distributors we do "skew" the figures - I wouldn't be using them if they were poor and I certainly wouldn't recommend them to friends and family.

We are probably quicker to step forward and click on these things than your average utility customer but that is because we are proud of what we do. Yes we get paid - but only as long as people stay with us. If the services are poor then people would leave, irrespective of what the masses say in polls such as this.

I guess my point is that just because what you say is accurate - doesn't make the services they provide bad. Would that be fair?

Regards,

Ben
  • stevemcol
    stevemcol Posts: 1,666 Forumite
    Options
    Would be great if energy purchase could be made almost daily or weekly, with no long standing contract. Just go to a web page 'market place' decide who's got the best offer that day / week / month and buy your units by card. That really would drive competition.
    Apparently I'm 10 years old on MSE. Happy birthday to me...etc
  • christennant
    Options
    I felt mislead when I joined UW with a promise of a cheaper deal, which turned out to be much more expensive. I quickly switched away from them. Take these poll results with a pinch of salt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure