What's Your Biggest WIN !!!???

Options

Comments

• maursie
    maursie Posts: 299 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    after only about a couple of months of comping won a weeks family holiday to a five star hotel in Turkey, since then had a couple of good prizes and am off to Berlin next month - all thanks to the wonderful posters on the MSE board!
  • hails84
    hails84 Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My biggest was last year-a Football World Cup trip to South Africa for two-amazing trip with safari's and tickets to games!

Other fab wins include a £500 food hamper, 2 netbooks, a HTC phone, Sat Nav, and sooooo many fab littlies too :)

Wish you lots of luck :) xxxxxxxxx
    Best win; South Africa World Cup package.
    2023: ~ June ~ -£150 Reptile store spends -£200 Naturalizer shoes spends -Kiss Radio win (Ooni, bbq, Sonos speaker, Fujifilm instax camera) ~ July~ -Children’s books -Paintbrushes -Tin of paint. ~September -5* hotel stay -£500 wallpaper spends -£60 hair care set
  • Amy83
    Amy83 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    Biggest win was flights for my family ( SIX of us in total!!) to Canada to see family. Was the biggest value win as well as the most meaningful, there's not a chance we could have ever afforded to go! God bless comping.
    Aiming for that elusive 'debt free' by Christmas 2012
    :rudolf: [STRIKE]£6,000[/STRIKE] £4,279 and counting... #217 paid off £1721 :rudolf:

23.01.2012 - Started diet (Weight loss 22 / 31lbs)
  • jen1984j_2
    Options
    Last year i won a 5* holiday to Malta, £1000 with take a break, and countless smaller prizes. This year my biggest win is a holiday to Antigua worth £5000! Most of the weekends away i go on,or days out are competition wins, and i usually have most of my xmas pressies before xmas as i save most of my wins for them. I suppose the trick is, to not give up. No matter how much of a dry spell your having, the next competition you enter could be a winner!
    2018: £500, Back to 90's VIP Tix, Safety boots, Book, Weekend at Thorpe Park
  • discodiva123
    Options
    My biggest was £1500 in 2007 from real people magazine at the time i was working part time and meant me and my friend could book a holiday to egypt something i could never afford otherwise.

Last year i had another big win £1000 from take a break i cried when i got the letter my best friend had just returned from a tour in Afghan in the Army we said that when she came home we would get a trip away for a weekend just book a easy jet flight and have a good time partying. Before that win came i had enough for the flight but was panicking over spends i just simply could not afford it. I was dreading telling her we would have to do something a bit more low key and local. And then i came home from work to that letter. I cried and was literally over the moon (it felt like fate) we booked a long weekend in Amsterdam and had a ball. I paid my car tax for the year and gave some to my mum dad sister and nan. So they could get a little treat on me

I love comping and although i havent won much this year 20 pound and a free mascara i love reading about everyones wins. I appreciate every win because the small wins and the big wins can change people lives and make dreams come true even just a small one. I love winning little things i can give to family or add to birthday presents or even just as a small treat for myself.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time and effort to post the comps
    happy comping to all.xxx
  • mandycr
    mandycr Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    mine is a holiday to las vegas worth £5000 we are off in 7 weeks !!!!!!! cant wait :)

ps i love my hobby too lol
    best win in 2011:eek: 4 nights in Las Vegas :eek:
    2011 wins £8,752.00
  • GeeBee38
    GeeBee38 Posts: 3,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nothing as yet in nearly a year of comping

well done winners :j
  • tompain100
    Options
    Holiday to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands:)
  • avocetgirl
    Options
    A 40" tv in 2008! And a weekend away on the wirral last year! My wins are few and far between but exciting when they happen.
  • ginquinn
    Options
    Mine was a shopping trip last year with a night in a posh hotel. I got given £700, which I split with my friend (at the time she had just lost her job & ended a long term relationship, so she needed cheering up!) and £100 for travel & eating - we blew £30 of that on seeing Harry Potter in the Leceister Square at midnight. It was great & exhausting day out! Loved every second of it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure